Gaming on Virtual software
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Gaming on Virtual software Author: dillydallyLocation: Arizona USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:04 am
    —
Ok... I have a brand new kick ass pc that i just finished building but it now seems harder than ever to get my favorite game series to run smoothly. So my question is this... has anyone run any of the CC games on a virtual machine? I have used Microsoft Virtual server and VMWare server in my corporate environment for a few years and I am thinking of putting this together. And now since both products are *free* I would think this might be a nice project to share with anyone else that might be interested. Feedback would be nice...

Thanks all...

DillyDally aka <>FlySamurai<>

#2: Re: Gaming on Virtual software Author: sample PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:13 am
    —
Have you tried the crossover program from this

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

regards,
M.

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:12 am
    —
I use VMWARe and it works without any problems.

#4:  Author: dillydallyLocation: Arizona USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:07 am
    —
Nice, I will look into the Linux app ASAP. CC2 works just fine running 98SE on Microsoft Virtual server, but there is a small amount of mouse lag. I am looking to clear this up. Thanks for the feed back guys.

Smile

#5:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:50 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
I use VMWARe and it works without any problems.

Schreck: can you give us a "startie" on how you did this. There seems to be a VMWare player and a VMWare server. I suspect that a great deal of tinkering will be required.

#6:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:49 am
    —

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:50 am
    —
I'll try and write up a step by step "How to"

#8:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:58 pm
    —
No need for detail, but tell me if I am on the right track:

Download and install VMWare server; use it to create a virtual Windows box, probably 98; install the game on it; Bob's your uncle!

Question

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1