To install CC1 on window XP
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

#1: To install CC1 on window XP Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:41 pm
    —
1: Put your CC1 cd in YOUR CD-DRIVE.

2: Press [START] klick on [RUN] and enter the following commandline string: D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:

3: Follow on-screen instruction. Specify install path when prompted.
(There will be 2 error warnings that you can ignore, one will be about some START adress, the other something about DLL, just ignore them)

IMPORTANT

1: The "D: at the end of string "D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:" denotes the CD drive that contain your CC1 cd.

You willl have to specify your CD-drive containing you CC1 cd twice.

First in the path locating the "ACMSETUP.EXE" program and second you will have to specify the path where (CC1:s) "SETUP.EXE" is located.

2: *DO NOT* copy the files to HD.

It is *NOT* necessary to copy files to HD in order to run the "D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:" commandline. Rather as some of you have found out its counterproductive.

last things, use the Xp compability under "window 95"

Have fun

#2:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:31 pm
    —
Hi ZAPPI4;
It was for years I couldn't play this great game.You are awesome Zappi ,I don't know how to thank you.I love you man Razz

Thank you very very mutch
-Kambiz

#3: it does work Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 am
    —
have had cc1 on last xp and my new 64bit xp,plus xp pro, all work IF using above instructions.

but, game speed must be medium, i played 1 game in 2 seconds!

also for me it crashes after 3 or 4 games.

#4: CC1 in XP Author: lordbamburghLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:03 pm
    —
Thanks for that tip. I've had a dual XP and Windows 98 set up on my computer for the last few years chiefly to allow me to have the occasional game of CC1. Now I can play a quick battle without having to reboot.

Any other CC1 fans who would like the occasional online game, please do get in touch. I have a good collection of maps which I created myself when I got fed up with the default set. Some of these are much bigger than the default maps, and I have one in which the fighting moves north-south, rather than east-west, which gives an extremely wide front and great opportunities for flanking attacks.

#5:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:44 pm
    —
Hi;
In some of the maps(Bttles) ,The games freezes.How can I solve it?

Quote:
Any other CC1 fans who would like the occasional online game, please do get in touch. I have a good collection of maps which I created myself when I got fed up with the default set. Some of these are much bigger than the default maps, and I have one in which the fighting moves north-south, rather than east-west, which gives an extremely wide front and great opportunities for flanking attacks.

Cool mate.How can I get them?

Cheers
-Kambiz

#6:  Author: Pzt_Malarkey PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:51 am
    —
HEY ZAPPI4

Maybe a bit late but I didn't knew it was possible to play cc1 on XP but you did it !!!Many many thanks mate.
also haven't play this game for years it's great to play again Smile
thanks!!

#7:  Author: jdolt PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 am
    —
My game keeps crashing, is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

#8:  Author: ghostwalker PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 pm
    —
man your good

:prostration :prostration :prostration :prostration

/ghostwalker :sweede

#9: CD drives other than C: Author: Piers PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am
    —
I have installed CC 1 using your tips, but it wont play. Could this be because my CD drive is G: and not CConfused?

#10:  Author: Larzz PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:05 pm
    —
Followed all the steps here, installed fine.. 2 errors as stated.
Desktop Icon " edited to 95 compatible option"

Double click to run and....

Error

"Function couldn't create registry key"

Worked at it for a while here trying to get it to work..searched google etc.. no dice.

Help please.

#11:  Author: kaptenmange PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 pm
    —
I cant change to Xp...i can only have:
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows NT 4
Windows 2000

Im not realy shore what im doing so plx help me.

#12:  Author: jimbailey PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:07 pm
    —
I didn't have any luck getting CC1 to run in XP -- installs fine with the instructions posted here, but when I click on it to play, the message "can only run on Windows 95" pops up.

Any suggestions?

#13:  Author: jimbailey PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:54 am
    —
Sorry, my mistake -- if you follow the instructions in the post above (cut and paste the instruction line) then set the emulate to Windows 95, the game *will* run. However, you will have to set the preferences within the game to "slowest" or else it will flash past you in a 10 second orgy of gunfire.

#14:  Author: Fafner PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 am
    —
Thanks for your information! After years another chance to play the grandpa of the series. Nostalgic feelings.... Was not easy to find the CD, but with your information it was worth the effort. Smile

#15: CC1 on Windows XP Author: dylan007 PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 am
    —
Could some one provide me with step by step instructions on how to
set xp to win 95 compatability? What tabs do I look under?

thank you,

#16:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:25 am
    —
Hi Dylan007, welcome to the site. Its a very simple procedure. Right click your CC2 icon from the desktop and choose properties. Once the window pops up you will see a tab that says compatibility, click on that and it will bring you to compatibility modes. You can choose Win95 or Win98 as well as a few others, experiement untill you get the game working.

#17: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Author: fruitbar PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:55 pm
    —
wow i thought i should of trashed cc1 for only being able to run on win95 and not win98 or above. i ought to see this to work.

#18: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Author: SoBaldrick PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:32 am
    —
Hi, got the install to run on Windows & like this but game won't run as it needs indeo installed. trying to sort that out now Smile

#19: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Author: fry30 PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm
    —
I'm glad someone has put up the instructions on how to get this to work again. I was in touch with Peter Fisula a few years ago and he found some programs that enabled me to both edit the teams and the maps as well. Xbattle, Xmap. Xtile, Losmaker and perhaps someothers were the files he gave me. I believe those were the names. I had a working mod on my old laptop, but it eventually shit the bed from all the overuse. Would anyone be able to locate these files? Ive saved the harddrive from that particular laptop, so maybe someday I can get it working and upload the files (including my mod) to this website.

#20: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Author: slider81 PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm
    —
I have some problems with setup and runing game under XP. use CC.Iso cd with close combat.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Game after bad setup dont wont to starting.Error "[ufs] Reference   Is   Invalid "
Help please.

[img][/img]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2