Most challenging CC5 Grand Campaign, all time.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Most challenging CC5 Grand Campaign, all time. Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:32 pm
    —
Yes, yes, I know, nothing beats a real opponent but with my limited time availability, it's just not possible to coordinate anything.
Soooo... my question is: what's the most challenging grand campaign you've played in CC5? Please detail the name of the mod/sub-mods, settings, etc.

Thanks

#2: stalingrad Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:43 am
    —
play the vista (2) it has less units, further back, less tank BG's initially.

have settings on:
30minute
Moral ON
100% for player
60% for AI (turn on 'see enemy', 'obay commands', etc...)

play as russians.

and 'tacks rules'
this means only 1 of each unit.
eg.
1 HMG
1 PRTD
1 76mm ATG
1 T34orb39(only 1 type of chassy, that includes t34/42 to t34/39,1KVs or KVorb39 etc)
1 T70

i have played this since cc3 against AI, it makes u use units you would not, and change your tactics.
defending with snipers, 1 gun and 1 tank makes u think, how the fuck will i survive! then when u play H2H u use less armour, therefore last longer in a GC.

#3:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:33 am
    —
What's the vista?

#4:  Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:31 am
    —
He means the stalingrad mod probably. I didn't know it was called vista

#5: correction Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:40 am
    —
i meant to say 'push to the volga (2)' dont know where vista came from? the demond drink speaks again....

push to the volga (1) is easier as russians(at least appears to be for first days of the war)

its a Great mod, but i would of hoped t34's could take on german ATGs and mk3Js a little better.

#6:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:55 pm
    —
Ah ok. Strictly defensive maps at 30 minutes can drive you mental though. Watching the AI's tanks do the turrent dance, meandering aimlessly around, etc. grates on your nerves! Twisted Evil

I wish someone would create a VetMod for Stalingrad. It wasn't perfect but it made defending a whole lot tougher.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1