Connection thru router problem ... help please !
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Connection thru router problem ... help please ! Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:02 pm
    —
I got a cable connection and recently decided to add a router. Problem is that I can't seem to be able to connect any longer to a CC game.
- I was and still use the same firewall
- I had to change somehow my IP address in order for the router to work over my connection
- I suck with computers so if you can help, please speak slowly and make sure you just don't tell me to change this or that, as i probably won't know where to locate it !

Hoping anybody can help ... online help can be done as well, i can recently be found on gamespy.

Thanx in advance !

#2:  Author: z1812 PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:07 pm
    —
Hi,

I just went through the same process as I routed all of our computers to cable. I ended up phoning DLINK support and they help me very quickly to set it up.

Perhaps you can do the same.

Regards John

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:23 pm
    —
you need to look up "port forwarding" in your manual.

here is a file listing the ports you need to forward to the PC that is running the game.

http://www.orvuus.com/schrecken/ports1.zip

But in summary for CC

Port 47624 TCP in/out
Port range 2300-2400 TCP/UDP in/out

Look at the ports1.zip to see other ports for gamespy etc.

Mooxe has written a guide, I think, but I can't find it in the "how to guides " section

[/url]

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:38 am
    —
Your best bet on this kinda stuff is to call your routers tech support line. It is commonly a 1800 or 1888 # thats toll free. They will baby step you through the entire process and make sure your up and running in a matter of minutes (mostly).

#5:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:41 pm
    —
I need a serious "how to" guide on this stuff.

I got a new dsl and now I can't play CC online, log on to TS, etc...
I try the "static" IP thing, but then I can't get online at all. I know I need to open ports, but I don't know exactly which ones and all their ranges (they need ranges, right? Cause when I don't enter a range and just one number then it doesn't take. I got the 2300-2400 range set, but beyond that I'm a soup sandwich.
I know this is common trouble. Trouble I've always somehow dodged, until now. Someone please help.

#6: ROUTER PROBLEMS Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:55 pm
    —
I got the same problem and got so frustrated that I havnt played CC in months, now total war and halo2 are getting boring!!! facking routers. Twisted Evil

#7:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:35 am
    —
Mooxe, I looked for your "how to" guide at TH forums but its gone, can you repost it here please?

Grunt

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1