Help with custom scenario please
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Help with custom scenario please Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:08 pm
    —
I am trying to make a simple scenario using the southern CC5 maps. I.m not changing data just unit placement using the stock battlemaker. I have Utah mod installed. After a long while of arranging units, maps, supply points, etc., I cannot save the scenario. I get a Invalid Battle Data error message. to simplify, all backline maps for both sides are supply points. I only reinforce allies on the second day, no german reinforcements.

Any suggestions as to what is causing my "invalid battle data" problem?

thank you,

Tacloban

PS: I just realized that, if I open a previously saved user scenario (that I have played before), then try to save as without changing anything. I get the same Invalid Battle Data message! What could be wrong.

#2:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:06 pm
    —
maybe i'm wrong but...
Southern CC5 map creator is to make Map. Any map ... But i dont guess it have anything about creating scenarios.

If you want to create a battle. I forward you to the CCReq in the DDV/download/tools section... If u use the window XP grab the CCReqXp user.... This tools is to modify or create a scenarios on a specific map mod

#3:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:26 pm
    —
Thanks for the reply ZAPPI4,

I guess I meant to say I'm trying to create an operation using several of the stock maps, not a single battle on one map. I have tried CCReq before, I will give it another look.

I just thought that it was odd that I could open an operation that I had made earlier and played, but then wasn't able to re-save the operation even though I had not changed anything.

#4: Re: Help with custom scenario please Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:45 pm
    —
Tacloban wrote:
I am trying to make a simple scenario using the southern CC5 maps. I.m not changing data just unit placement using the stock battlemaker. I have Utah mod installed. After a long while of arranging units, maps, supply points, etc., I cannot save the scenario. I get a Invalid Battle Data error message. to simplify, all backline maps for both sides are supply points. I only reinforce allies on the second day, no german reinforcements.

Any suggestions as to what is causing my "invalid battle data" problem?

thank you,

Tacloban

PS: I just realized that, if I open a previously saved user scenario (that I have played before), then try to save as without changing anything. I get the same Invalid Battle Data message! What could be wrong.

You cannot edit previously saved files with the scenario editor.
Every map must be connected to another.
Both sides must have at least one 3 barrel supply depot.

Unless I see a screenshot of your scenario editor with this file loaded I really can't be sure what's causing your error.

#5:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:49 pm
    —
As far as I can tell, my scenario meets your conditions. Thank you for your help.

Tacloban

st lo scenario.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.83 KB
 Viewed:  6353 Time(s)

st lo scenario.JPG

#6:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:52 pm
    —
The original file ur using is a stock GC file of some sort?
Click through the days and be sure that no maps are in play that aren't connected to the rest of them (?). I don't see anything in this screen that should cause an error.
I suggest creating your own file from scratch rather than modifying an existing file (if that's what ur doing). Build it from the ground up.

#7:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 am
    —
Thanks,
I'll try again from scratch. . I was trying to edit a slightly older custom scenario that worked fine.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1