I found a bug GV T-70 has much stronger armor than GV OT-34
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: I found a bug GV T-70 has much stronger armor than GV OT-34 Author: braveheart PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:06 pm
    —
When I use StuG 3E to attack the Tanks of Russia, The GV T-70 has much stronger armor than GV OT-34. It is very strange. Because GV T-70 is only light tank.

When I try to put fire button on them, (both of them faced me with their front amror), the button on GV T-70 is black, the button on GV OT-34 is Green. I tried almost several T-70 and OT-34. The same results.

So I think it is a bug that the GV T-70 has much stronger armor than GV OT-34.

Because I donot know the email of the author. Will some kind guy tell the author of this MOD about this? thanks

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:37 am
    —
Cast turret of T-34 granted less protection than wielded turret of T-70. So T-34 has better hull armour but weaker turret armour than T-70.

Last edited by Dima on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: braveheart PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:24 am
    —
But how to compute the attack result?

Turret Armor or Body Armor? How to compute is real?

I think we should consider these both maybe according to probability.

The final result should still be that the T-70 has less stronger armor than T-34/76

#4:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:49 am
    —
CC calculates it on it's own.

#5:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 am
    —
Hopefully, the Stug crew still shoots the t70 as it is easily able to destroy it.

#6:  Author: braveheart PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:18 pm
    —
Dima wrote:
CC calculates it on it's own.

In reality, obviously T34 should have much stronger armor than T-70

But in Stalingrad MOD, on the contrary, T70 has much stronger armor than T-70. So , according to the reality, this bug exists.

#7:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:32 pm
    —
Did anyone else notice that T-70 is way stronger than T-34 in Stal?

#8:  Author: slaphappy PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:07 pm
    —
I think an even more interesting question is how does CC5 game engine compute hit probabilities, penetration chances, etc. I've been playing this series of games since they came out and I have yet to see the calculations represented in any form. Would be interesting to see.

Would anyone care to contribute if they have answers?

#9:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:19 pm
    —
You can set the probability of a turrent vs hull hit in the vehicle data file.

#10: T-34s Author: ExcellencyLocation: Alaska PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:59 am
    —
Dima wrote:
Did anyone else notice that T-70 is way stronger than T-34 in Stal?

Yes, I have been playing a grand campaign as Russkies against an opponent of equal skill for many months. I absolutely love this mod but my one frustration is that my T-34s are just trash. In the game, they are the weakest tank there is, and the Germans just have their way with them. Even the T-70s and T-60s have better survivability. I really think this is a bug that needs to be counteracted. If the game engine is miscalculating damage to the T-34, we need to change the inputs so T-34s are a tank with reasonable survivability, as they were in real life. Actually, I think the weakness of the T-34s in the game is the one thing that prevents Stalingrad mod from being historically realistic.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1