Surprise!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

#1: Surprise!! Author: BRAT_1Location: Lodz, Poland PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 pm
    —
Greetings everyone!

Playing Utah1.3 on multi with my bro I had an annoying problem.
After some crash during a batlle when we try to continue our campaign we find out that our forces start next batlle from wrong locations. They totally swap sides.. F.ex Uncle Red, D Day+1 morning...and suddenly german forces appear coming from the water and US has all the exit roads and half of fortifications! Generally map is divided into 3 equal parts (the mid one is neutral). Whole the rest(units, their types, numbers) is correct...
This is not some lil crash after 30 min of exhauting batlle... its pointless to continue the campaign or operation with this bug, and I dont know how to fix it.. (I try saving again, playing one to see if another is swaped too..and it is!)
Is it the Mod problem?
Anybody suffered smth simmilar before me?
Anyone an help me?
Thx from advance!

#2:  Author: Gen_JackLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:03 pm
    —
Hi Brat_1

I have experienced that error before, and generally found that it was caused by hittinh the Next button to go to the next battle. For CC5 only, I always save the game, hit the command button and then select the save file to play the next battle.

I also save the file with a new name after each battle (i.e. 1, 2 ,3 ... at the end of the name) so that I have a backup in case a file gets corrupted.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Gen_Jack

#3:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:24 pm
    —
Just as Gen Jack has stated - when playing multiplayer with CC5, ALWAYS save the game then go back to command. NEVER just hit next!

#4:  Author: Ozka PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:35 pm
    —
I dont think you have to save again, it autosaves for me Shocked

#5: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:23 am
    —
thats what he is trying to say dont hit next,u must command.
when u command it auto saves.
but hard core GCers will make a copy of the battle despite it autosaving
because a few seconds work after each battle is better than getting half way thru a gc and having it crash.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1