half-way report
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

#1: half-way report Author: pkeys PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 am
    —
First of all, I'd like to thank Sapa for the great Mod. I'm half-way through the grand campaign playing the Finns and it's a lot of fun so far. Couple of things I'd like to note.

*I saw a post where Sapa mentioned that Finnish heavy mortar barrages can be really deadly. I'll say! I even took out a KV-1 with one. What type of mortars are those?

*I should have boned up on my Finnish tank names before starting the game. Looking at the tank units, the only ones I recognized were T-26s, so I assumed that all they had were obsolete tanks that weren't going to stand up against the Russians and have kept them in back on guard duty. Now, after a bit of googling, I found out that "Sturmi" means a Stg. III! Wow, tanks I can do something with! I guess I have some heavy duty reinforcements available. It would help if at least there was some information on the caliber of the tank guns in the unit descriptions.

*I would like to say the same for the Finnish AT guns. However, it seems that the Russians have a better way of sniffing out AT guns then most of the CC games I've played so far.

*From some of the maps I can't move to other adjacent maps even though there are clearly marked roads between them. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature meant to show that for some reason those roads are impassable.

Still, all in all a great game.

#2:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
    —
*Heavy reinforcement hmmmm...The Finns had one armour Divison(1 armour brigade with StuG;s and captured Russian tanks and 1 Jääkäri brigade (Jägers) supported with StuGs.If you have got that one, save them because they are the heavy reinforcement.The 20th brigade has a bunch of BT-42;s (Finnish rebuild version of the BT-7 with a UK gun) but they are not to any big use. Wink

*The heavy mortar barrage is ment to be 120mm shells.

*Havent changed much of the guns, maybe the size of the maps gives the Russian more sight, i dont know

*Map connections? Could you tell me map names which is wrong please!Do you mean connections shown on the scenarioeditor map?

Thanks for your support!

Mats

#3: Karelia II Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:32 pm
    —
Congratulations on the great mod. The maps are among the best in CC

#4: Re: Karelia II Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 pm
    —
Flamethrower wrote (View Post):
Congratulations on the great mod. The maps are among the best in CC

I have to conquer. These maps are close to excellent.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1