Afrika again
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Afrika again Author: Megadeth PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:13 pm
    —
Yo guys
I wanted to know if Afrka mod is gonna be out before xmas ..im really impatient to have this mod installed on my hd!!! Twisted Evil Cool

#2:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:21 pm
    —
Still 31 maps to go Shocked

look at Drew's progress chart
Wink

#3:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:12 pm
    —
31, wow, that's a lot. But we aren't going anywhere Wink .

May our excitment fuel you through the night! And thanks for all your hard work!

#4:  Author: KriegMeister PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:07 am
    —
how to install those afrika maps?
i dont know......

#5:  Author: Megadeth PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:05 pm
    —
dunno mate...ive tried and it didnt work Exclamation Question

#6:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:20 pm
    —
I'v tried also and it didnt work. I may just end up taking it down.... maybe AA_Jimbo can give us a clue on how to play the maps?

#7: Re: Afrika again Author: KriegMeister PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:34 pm
    —
Megadeth wrote:
Yo guys
I wanted to know if Afrka mod is gonna be out before xmas ..im really impatient to have this mod installed on my hd!!! Twisted Evil Cool

me too
im really impatient.... this mod will be great for german armor
distance.... hmmm imagine the tigers and panthers.. far and no ambushs
amazing

#8:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:23 pm
    —
Quote:
how to install those afrika maps?

First of all remember this mod is still in testing phase.
To play the maps, you need to play battles, GC and ops still give crashes.

Also you need to have the latest (test)plugin version of the mod.

Quote:
AA_Jimbo can give us a clue on how to play the maps?

Will try to get a hold of him to clarify some stuff Wink

Last edited by bambam887 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

#9:  Author: Megadeth PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:29 am
    —
yup Krieg...this must be a great mod...and the funniest thing is that my granpa fought those battles so the mod is way more interesting to me than any other mod!! Very Happy

#10:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:43 am
    —
I got the maps installed, but only the palm trees show up on the reg maps. Nice added texture Very Happy

#11:  Author: RD_JimboLocation: Ft. Wayne, IN PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:25 pm
    —
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I've been scalp deep in map making which is the last thing to prevent us from releasing the mod. We've actually got many volunteers to help with map making so maybe we can shorten that process. It's not likely that we'll release before Christmas tho. The deadline I've given us is before Red Phoenix comes out so we're looking at February or March.

Also keep in mind that since this mod is focusing on the period from 1940-1941 (which is January of '41) the two principal sides are the British and Italians. No Germans yet. Next mod.

INSTALLING MAPS
STEP 1 - Visit http://www.close-combat-now.com/CC5Afrika.html

STEP 2 - Download ALL the maps on that page.

STEP 3 - Download the Terrain and Elements plugin. The link in text at the very top of the page. BE SURE TO ADD THE .pln EXTENSION TO THE FILE NAME WHEN SAVING OTHERWISE THE FILE WILL NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING. The file you download should be called CC5Afrika.pln when you've finished downloading. For some reason my OS changes the extension back to .zip so it winds up not working with Plugin manager so I have to manually make sure the extension is correct which is .pln.

STEP 4 - Place the Terrain and Elements plugin file (that's CC5Afrika.pln) in the plugin folder within in the CC5 configuration manager program folder. Make sure you have the current version of configuration manager which is CfgV13.

STEP 5 - Open configuration manager and install the Terrain and Elements plugin. Close Config manager.

STEP 6 - Install the maps into your maps folder. You do this by double clicking each WinRAR self extracting exe that you downloaded and when prompted specify the C:/Program Files/SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy/Maps folder.

STEP 7 - Open CC5 and look for the Afrika 40-41 maps. YOU MUST NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY A GRAND CAMPAIGN OR OPERATION! The btd files are not set up for play with the GC or ops so if you attempt to open a GC or ops the game WILL crash. SINGLE BATTLES ONLY!

If anyone has any problems please post here and I'll attempt to address them. Please be very detailed on the problem you are experiencing or I won't be able to help. Also please make sure you've followed the directions carefully.

Have fun! Very Happy Please let me know what you think of the maps once you've had a chance to play them.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1