CCS Statistics and Server Updates
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#41: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 am
    —
CCS will be moving again this year. Currently the site is costing 750$ approx. I am moving to a plan where it will only cost 230$ for three years!

The downside is there will be some downtime while I transfer everything. As well, the site is moving into a VPS or Cloud environment. Currently CCS is hosted on its very own dedicated computer, all by itself. VPS/Cloud environments mean its shared with 1000's of other sites. CCS could be slower I expect, but technology is so advanced now in web hosting I am keeping my fingers crossed that CCS will be the same or faster.

#42: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:15 pm
    —
I have updated the site drop down list on the upper right corner of this website. It includes all the major Close Combat websites. I use it to navigate through the Matrix forums mostly. Is anyone else using ir, or can suggest sites?

#43: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 pm
    —
Just realized... or remembered that users not logged in could not view attachments. I have changed this so anyone who visits here can see and download any attachment. The only reason to login now would be to make a forum post. Downloads have been available for the public for the past couple years.

#44: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Just realized... or remembered that users not logged in could not view attachments. I have changed this so anyone who visits here can see and download any attachment. The only reason to login now would be to make a forum post. Downloads have been available for the public for the past couple years.

nice work ... thanks a million Smile

#45: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm
    —
Technical issues with CCS today. Changing some things around. Host provider said CCS was dragging down the server.

#46: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:50 pm
    —
Was wondering what was going on. Thought I'd lost CCS Confused

#47: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 pm
    —
Back on a VPS now. Hope this works....

#48: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 am
    —
Make sure you logout, or clear your browser cache before you attempt to post in the forums.

#49: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am
    —
Thanks again for hosting and putting up with all of us here Mooxe - cheers to you!

#50: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 pm
    —
Thanks for bringing this back.  Noticed I can't upload images.

#51: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm
    —
Will fix as soon as I can, just home quickly from an field exercise. Things will be back to normal this weekend.

#52: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:46 am
    —
Thanks for keeping everything going MOOXE!

#53: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 am
    —
Thanks Mooxe.
Life returns to normal.
Also thanks to the faceless few who contribute their time to this site.

#54: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am
    —
Hey Mooxe,

Thank-You very much for everything you do to maintain this site,I truly do miss it when it's down.

I'm curious about the ftp site you allowed me to have.
I notice it's gone now.
Is there a new address or is it gone period?

If it's too much for you I can do without,your choice.

#55: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm
    —
Thanx Mooxe!

#56: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm
    —
Thanks mooxe.

#57: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm
    —
I made a few mistakes with the server over the past few months.

Moving to a shared server was a huge mistake. Since the site was using more resources than it was allowed the site admin disabled the site until I could fix what was wrong. There was really nothing wrong though. On shared servers you are only allowed to use a small percentage of all the available resources, CCS was using more than its allowed share. So CCS was forced to move again.

The website is now hosted on a virtual server. This virtual server only allows 20Gb of harddrive space. Due to the space limitations I cannot keep the mods on the same server.

The mods are hosted on a different server with unlimited space and bandwidth. Basically CCS is now split over two servers. Naturally I want to bring them back together.

My old server before I moved was about 70$ per month. I hope to move back to them but I have to sort out the finances again. Donations are back on! We'll see how it goes with donations and Google Ads, if I can pull in enough CCS will go back to the stability it had 6 months ago. All this switching back and forth hasn`t been easy. I have lost some very important files from old CC websites which is very embarrassing.

In the meantime CCS is pretty stable as it is now.

#58: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 pm
    —
The site has been up and down for the past week or more. I can't explain it. I will be moving CCS back to its original host where I had no problems what so ever in the coming weeks.

#59: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 pm
    —
Yea!

Is that a yea?

#60: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:52 pm
    —
OOOOOOOOOOk...

CCS has just completed another move, hopefully the last! I am re-settings up peoples FTP accounts, various forum things to be able to upload files etc etc... Please report any problems.

Is the site available for everyone on a constant basis?

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 6