poor old steve irwin bought it...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: poor old steve irwin bought it... Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:29 am
    —
day after fathers day, steve got himself punctured in the heart by a sting ray while filming.

poor sod leaves his wife and 2 young kids, age 44.

love him, or hate he was well known, and loved his work,unfortunately to death.

#2:  Author: Pzt_Verboten PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:59 am
    —
Yeah I heard that toaday at work, I acyually did some checking to see if it wasn't a prank.

Old Steve was larger than life and diced with death a few times, but geez to be taken out by a Stingray? Who would have guessed?

Verb

#3:  Author: Pzt_Malarkey PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:36 pm
    —
Yeah Amazing isn't it I used to watch many of his programma's and he has been bitten by a couple of animals but nothing keeps him away from these reptiles
very amzing man

R.I.P steve

#4:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:57 pm
    —
I loved his aussie accent.

#5:  Author: LUFT_SOLDAT_BELLEW PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:55 pm
    —
He should of put on some sun screen before he went into the water you know you have to watch out for those damaging rays..to soon?,rest in peace.

#6:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:39 am
    —
A real loss to the world, really.

RIP.

#7:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:33 am
    —
LUFT_SOLDAT_BELLEW wrote:
He should of put on some sun screen before he went into the water you know you have to watch out for those damaging rays..to soon?,rest in peace.

Yes, when out in the sun you should wear Ray Bans...... Embarassed

#8:  Author: Titvs Atreides PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:17 pm
    —
I did'nt even know that sting rays could be so dangerous... I mean: Was he submerged when the attack took place? ( i mean, when he was bitten or whatever).

Nevertheless, this marks the end of an adventurer who, as sayed above, has danced with death on many times... If there's something good to see from it, it has to be this: Even a showman used to all kinds of animals does take a risk when shooting some documentary.

Take care, specialley if you swin in a stingray or medusa (jellyfish) infested waters.

Greetings from Madrid, Spain: Titvs Atreides

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1