Beach battles problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

#1: Beach battles problem Author: amiralanal PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:17 pm
    —
when i play the beach battles, the americans are attacking from land, and not from the beach. this only happens during the campain, but not in single battles

#2:  Author: loveanddestroy PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:54 pm
    —
Yes, this happens to me too.
If you atack, for example, Fox Red and you win with the first assault wave the beach or the VL of Fox Green, the soldiers of Fox Green will atack from land from Fox Red VL. :mad1
So, the solution it's to win every map but without conquer the VL of the other beaches in the first wave of the assault (press "Truce" button), you know? Wink
The example it's poor because my english is also poor Embarassed

"I SEE YOU ON THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!"

#3:  Author: amiralanal PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:43 am
    —
ok, thanks for the tip

#4:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:47 am
    —
Unfortunately it is a bug in CC5. I checked all the beach maps and the entry VL's are properly setup (your single battle comment/experience also shows that they are properly setup).

#5: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:34 am
    —
err i mentioned that we fixed it when we fixed the tracer.
so u have confirmation it is not a cc5 bug.

#6:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:03 am
    —
Good to know that it is not a bug. I'm sure the people out there playing the mod are glad to hear it too....

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:05 am
    —
it was a tip for u,the moderator/caretaker of Bloody Omaha

u are looking in the right place,just not seeing the problem or understanding it.

#8:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:18 am
    —
I'll take a look again. Any tips would be appreciated as I do want to remove bugs from the mod....

The entry and exit VL's are all set at the lowest value
There is only 1 entry VL per beach map on the beach side of each map

In BTDEdit everything looks fine, so I will try with BTDMunger.exe maybe there is a VL off the map....

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total

#9:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:29 am
    —
Using BTDMunger.exe I did notice that the program crashed when clicking on a regular VL that was set at the lowest value....

#10:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:50 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote:
I'll take a look again. Any tips would be appreciated as I do want to remove bugs from the mod....

The entry and exit VL's are all set at the lowest value
There is only 1 entry VL per beach map on the beach side of each map

In BTDEdit everything looks fine, so I will try with BTDMunger.exe maybe there is a VL off the map....

Tejszd wrote:
Any tips would be appreciated as I do want to remove bugs from the mod....

Tejszd wrote:
ANZAC_Lord4war/AT_Stalky,

The best thing would be a submod just for the tracer fix then people could choose to play with or without them. = http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2382&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=24 =

I may be a bit humoristic and say: Shall you really fix that problem with the strange beach stuff? There might be a few people that like it as it is, as you have said about the missing tracer fire, maybe its even intended to be so by Dom in first place?… Wink

No, again we are sorry mate, we dint do a list how we have fixed that, so again our fixes have to be dismissed, as you did with Tracer Fire, and with stability, and, and…

(Btw how’s the team work progressing? Any new tank graphics, how’s the smoke grenade count? when is 1.3 due to be ready?)

Stalky

#11:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:03 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:
Using BTDMunger.exe I did notice that the program crashed when clicking on a regular VL that was set at the lowest value....

Why? Was it a program crash or a btd file prob? I found btd munger better and more stable, but mainly for CC4.

#12:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:07 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt,

The btd file works fine playing the game, aside from the issue brought up here, and when using btdedit so I don't think its the file.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1