Eben Emal: Airborne Assault on a Kolkhoz Farm:)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Eben Emal: Airborne Assault on a Kolkhoz Farm:) Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:33 am
    —
I have the 1940 non-plugin version (2.00). Installing of the version and the campaign was easy. Added the France 1940 maps to the maps folder.

Now the problem is that the game displays the stock CC3 maps. The Eben-Emal fortress has turned into a farm with MG turrets in the yard:)
And there seems to be a communist government in France as the flags are German and Soviet:)

Is this a beta version or have I done something wrong with the maps? It is a great mod (Eben Emal is an interesting operation) and I would really like to get it work on the right maps. I am not a magician yet, just learning...

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:53 am
    —
Please detail the actions you took to install the mod.

it doesn't sound as if it was as easy as you first thought!

#3: Eben Emal Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:13 pm
    —
I hope that two more CC3 installations in other folders are not the problem.

The readme gives this procedure for installation: make a new full installation, patch it, delete the files in the folders Battles, Ops, Campaign_Ops and campaigns, unzip the non-plugin into the main CC3 folder overwriting the files and keeping the folders. After that the start screen has changed and the game has German and French units.

Then the easy part ends. If I put only the 1940 maps in the maps folder, the game asks for the stock maps. If I add the new maps to the stock, the game does not use them. It does not matter if the mas are added before or after the unzipping.

This must be a beta version, as in finished plugins the missions work with the right maps and the hard part is adding missions to the game, not maps.

I have tried renaming the Eben Emal map to Kursk2 (the stock map the game uses for the mission) and overwrite the Kursk 2. The mission works on the renamed Eben Emal map.
So the long way would be checking which maps the game uses for each mission and overwriting them. It will take some time but if there are no other ways to get the right maps, I can do that.

#4: Eben Emal Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:44 pm
    —
There is a version 3.00 which only gets to the start screen and then crashes (telling that the system cannot find a names, although all Names files from the plug in have been installed).

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:09 am
    —
When you unzip are you allowing the files to unzip to their original paths. (correct)

Or

are you unzipping everything to the \CC3 folder (incorrect)

#6: Eben Emal Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:51 pm
    —
I use Winrar with somewhat different commands. The files end up in the folders overwriting the old ones but maybe there is something wrong in the process or the commands are wrong.

No, the same goes for WinZip. Everything is installed and works except for those maps. Rolling Eyes
Has anyone else had the same problem, or am I suffering a punishment for something horrible done in my previous life? :cry1

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:24 pm
    —
When you unrar/zip make sure the files in the compressed file go to these locations.

\data\base\Elements.txt
\data\base\GENames.txt
\data\base\GETeams.txt
 \data\base\RUNames.txt
\data\base\RUTeams.txt
\data\base\SolActn.txt
 \data\base\Soldiers.txt
\data\base\Vehicles.txt
\data\base\Weapons.txt

\graphics\Wrecks.zfx
\graphics\Tanks.zfx
\graphics\Guns.zfx
\graphics\Shadows.zfx
 \graphics\Gadget0
\graphics\Gadget1
\graphics\CCImages.fx
\LocalFX\ERusVox.sfx
 \LocalFX\RRusVox.sfx
\LocalFX\Music.sfx
\LocalFX\Sound.sfx
\CC3.exe
 \CCRsrc.dll

Attached is the France 1940 plugin Install text, this file tells you which files need to be removed and where to place the new files.

Install.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Install.zip
 Filesize:  2.21 KB
 Downloaded:  586 Time(s)

#8:  Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:16 pm
    —
There must be some black magic involved in v.2.00 as I have made several other mods and all of them work except for this one?

Maybe we can check what is happening when trying to install v.3.00, what is the Names file that the program cannot read? It would be better to have the latest version...

#9: Eben Emael falls - now this was a long fight! Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:27 pm
    —
This is where we are now:

1. The non-plugin v.2.00 must have "space filling missions" with stock maps, explains why I can get all other mods working except for this one.
2. If we use the Grand Campaign for v.2.00 the missions have the right maps as they should and Eben Emael is a fortress as it should be.

The only thing is, v.2.00 is a non-plugin version and the campaign is a plugin version so the config manager does not want to install and I was able to get the scenarios working in the Battles folder. There seems to be a problem with the Fight of Crecy mission from the Grand Campaign pack, the program answers "One or several parameters incorrect" and crashes.

Anyway, now Eben Emael is a fortress as it should be, instead of a farm with MG turrets in the yard firing on potato thieves Smile

Special thanks to Schrecken for advice and the PDF file with the list of maps for CC3 mods.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1