no guides... :(
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: no guides... :( Author: Appleide PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:17 pm
    —
I've just installed QEMU on my mac, Took the win95 and CC3 disk froms storage and installed it... The emulated-soundblaster-16-soundcard sucked... So, I changed it to "adlib", but CC3's "direct sound" can't detect the change.. and I have to reinstall it to get the sound back. Is there an easier way to change sound cards without reinstalling?

Also, I started the "grand campaign", and didn't do that well Sad (truced 3 times... and each truce means that I will be worse off when we meet again. I only get 10 points to fix my army, while "XXstein" gets enough to buy another MarkIV and a light tank...)

I actually found the AT Rifle teams to have some use... They are small, hard to hit and is able to distract the german mark tanks, so they turn their back to my light infantry Twisted Evil My eyes also went wide when the gun actually broke the main gun of one light tank...

I bought 2-3 med-mgs, and 1 hmgs, they were useful in hiding behind hills. (when the germans got impatient and sneaked up the hill, as soon as their heads stick up, they drop down)

You have to love the bunker in the last map of the first scenario. Put a med-anti-tank gun there and you can destroy anything you like. I also found light infantry to be useless. (LMG infantry are okay).

Also.. I think the KV-II tanks is the best tank, why is it not there anymore in the second scenario? (but the KVIa is? Isn't it obsolete? I thought the breifing guy said "we will divert all our resources to you"...)

But as soon as I got to the second scenario... any tips??

#2: Guide Help Author: MisfitLocation: United States PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:44 pm
    —
Appleide,

Good stuff! It sounds like you are going forward and having fun. The best "guide" is to continue playing and learn from trial and error the tactics that work best for you. Nothing beats "experience". Smile

The game does come with a guide to help provide hints for you and give basic direction- you can also find the guide in the read me file on the disc if you explore the options there. Another place to get some good insight is to read the various After Action reports from other CC Players, in reading these reports you can get a feel for a wide variety of tactics and uses for different units from these reports.

I hope you are having great fun and continuing to enjoy the CC game!

Semper Fi,
Misfit

http://groups.msn.com/CloseCombatWestandEastFronts

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1