QClone questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: QClone questions Author: leonpoi PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 am
    —
Would someone help me out for a bit: In QClone, what are the unkown fields at the end of soldiers, weapons etc? I've just been copying and pasting entries and changing bits and pieces. I haven't been changing the unkown fields because the readme told me I shouldn't. My only fear is that they need to be unique or something. e.g. I make a new mg team by copying an old one. I don't change the unknown fields.

Also, QClone readme suggests that the weapon file shouldn't have more than 133 entries. I've gone beyond that and it seems to work. Does anyone know what the max is?
Thanks

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 am
    —
that's the ultimate thread for uSmile :
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9917

Quote:
Also, QClone readme suggests that the weapon file shouldn't have more than 133 entries. I've gone beyond that and it seems to work. Does anyone know what the max is?

max for weapons is 136.

#3:  Author: leonpoi PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:13 am
    —
Thanks for the link
Quote:
max for weapons is 136.

I've got 140 in my weapons file and it seems to work ok, but I'll see if I can cut it down. It starts, it plays, but one problem I've found is that while my replacement weapon icons (put in with RtBTool) work in the battlegroup screen, they do not work in the actual game. They instead all come up with what used to be the icon before I replaced it. Any ideas?

[edit] I've cut the weapons file down to 135 and the problem still exists...

[edit] there seems to be tga info for the weapons saved somewhere besides ScrnGadg.gdg. I can replace this file with ones from totally different mods and I get the same result in the combat screen

ingame.jpg
 Description:
In game it looks like a mortar but still shoot like a BAR
 Filesize:  42.11 KB
 Viewed:  2872 Time(s)

ingame.jpg

battlegroup.jpg
 Description:
but in the battlegroup screen it's a BAR (note that I've put the BAR back into GJS)
 Filesize:  23.39 KB
 Viewed:  2872 Time(s)

battlegroup.jpg

#4:  Author: leonpoi PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:38 pm
    —
Got it. A pesky little folder in the other gdg. Man it was hard to track down.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1