Creating a FOO unit
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Creating a FOO unit Author: P_Fun PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:39 am
    —
I have been reading recently a book about the 4th Canadian Field Artillery Regiment attached to the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division in Normandy. Rather than just about infantry it takes the view of artillery men. And while playing VetBoB's Ardennes Mod I was using a Forward Observer and thought that I'd like to create a Forward Observation Officer for the Brits in GJS since the book I'm reading speaks of many powerful German attacks being stopped just by powerful artillery barrages.

So what I'm asking is for the experienced modders out there to maybe direct me to the appropriate modding tools and modding totorials that I might need to create a unit which can be used to call in Artillery Barrages.

I was thinking of something which combines the Nebelwerfer mod for stock CC5 and the Forward Observer of VetBoB's Ardennes mod.

I'm a total CC modding noob and I've only ben into CC for a little more than a month. Any help would be appreciated.

#2: CCIII Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:55 am
    —
ccIII mods used something simple.

a morter team, who fired 120mm, but looked like a single person.

also had indirect 88 air bursts.

and yes the wharf rocket trucks, but looked like a soldier,but sent 300mm of death...

CCV cound use rockets truck from cciv and do the same im sure, or morter team that fire air strikes...kind of silly, as ccv has naval, morter and air strikes as it is!

#3:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:25 pm
    —
RSR also had FO units, but if remember correctly you couldnt place them in Buildings/towers rendering them somewhat useless in my opinion...

#4: Re: CCIII Author: P_Fun PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:46 pm
    —
ANZAC_Tack wrote:
ccIII mods used something simple.

a morter team, who fired 120mm, but looked like a single person.

also had indirect 88 air bursts.

and yes the wharf rocket trucks, but looked like a soldier,but sent 300mm of death...

CCV cound use rockets truck from cciv and do the same im sure, or morter team that fire air strikes...kind of silly, as ccv has naval, morter and air strikes as it is!

Thanks for the ideas. The reason I like the idea of a FOO is that it's a way of giving direct fire from a soldier without having to actually edit files to create extra barrages. And then it's also more easily managed since you can easily remove the FOO from your Company layout before a battle without having to change code.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1