#41:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 am
    —
7A_Bjorn wrote:
Pzjager,

Great mod!

my comments:

1. Breda mod 1937 looks like BAR in italian bg

2. Schweres MG34 looks like .50 cal in italian bg

(RD_Oddball may have graphics you can use)

3. The 4th Romanian Army was defending the ground south of Stalingrad - maybe have 2/8 start deployed at the start of the GC.

4. The railroads contributed a great part of the supply to Stalingrad via Kalach. It would be cool if there was air supply like in CC2 and CC4, but of course not an option. But I think having german supply depots in the west might be more appropriate, maybe single barrels at the airfields? not sure.

Great work!

Hi,

And many thanks for your comments.

1 and 2) the MG icons have been fixed. Thanks for that. You are right.
3) I believe the 2/8 is well placed here.... Regarding the date of its appearence on the GC, I choosed the 20th, as the part of the Uranus operation coming from Southern Stalingrad began at this date...
4) Ah! I would really like to have an air supply in CC5!!!!!!! Unfortunately, it is not possible!
Single barrels at the airfields? No, because of this famous CC bug which makes that ONLY units on the small depots have supply (the roads don't have any importance when speaking about small supply depots)...
Big depots are essential on the airfields to keep all the historical accuracy.
And unfortunately, there isn't any possibility to add some big depots outside the Kessel to prevent any german unit being destroyed reappearing outside the Kessel the day after!!!!

You know, it has been very difficult to build a GC regarding something which is an encircling operation and not, as all the other CC mods, a continuous front.
I really think what have made is not so bad. It could be better, I agree, and any other suggestion will be welcome.

Cheers
PJ

#42:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:27 pm
    —
Quote:
4) ALL the mods so far have their special, inherent problem.

I would need original strat program files to try resolve it.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3