1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

#1: 1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:01 pm
    —
Hi,

I came across some useful information regarding the 1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron.

Quote:
In accordance with Recce policy the fire power of the jeeps was substantially upgraded. Every jeep had a Vickers "K" 303 machine gun mounted with a round magazine holding 96 rounds. In addition they had 2 20mm polsten cannons carried behind the jeep. The Polsten cannons were an Anti Aircraft gun but due to its high firing rate was a very effective ground weapon. They also carried standard infantry weapons including two 3" mortars and 2" mortars, a Bren Light machine gun, standard rifles but with sniper sights, a PIAT (ant tank) gun and many and various hand grenades. Most men had a sten gun and the Radio Operators a revolver.

http://www.airbornerecce.com/oca/1stars.htm

Regards

#2:  Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:32 am
    —
I guess all these weapons were carried in several vehicles, otherwise the Jeep would have been a truck! Laughing

#3:  Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:25 pm
    —
The jeeps had trailers and the Polsten cannons were mounted on wheeled gun carriages.

Regards

#4:  Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 pm
    —
Thanks for the information! I wasn't sarcastic at all! Wink

Another great mod in worls it seems!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1