References used by the mod team
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

#1: References used by the mod team Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:29 pm
    —
May one ask which references the mod team has used and has access to? This would make it easier for us who wants to contribute with information for the mod.

Regards

#2:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:54 pm
    —
Hey Arvaker,

This is not really my field of expertise. You would have to ask dima this. as he is the one who is doing the data etc... Seen the fact i haven't heard or seen him for approx 5 weeks now. i guess it will take some time for him to reply Wink

Thanks for the intresting information. Looks intresting

Cheers Buck

#3:  Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:38 pm
    —
Let's hope that he will visit the forum soon. Has he also been responsible for bringing out the references for the maps?

Regards

#4:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:49 pm
    —
Thats my responsibility Wink

#5:  Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:20 pm
    —
Good. Could you tell us what sources you have used when making the maps? Are there any particular places that you need further references for?

Regards

#6:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:31 pm
    —
Yes i can,

Mailnly i used earials from books wich I found my self or recieved from several persons who are member of this forum.

Also i recieved aerials from somebody here in the netherlands he send me complete series of nijmegen arnhem and eindhoven.

I'm still looking for aerials from the following towns or regions

Elst and it surroundings
Bemmel
Overpelt
Veghel (incl Dropzone's)
Erp
Koevering and Lochtenburg
Eerde
Schijndel
Nuenen
Son
St. Oedenrode
Best
Valkenswaard
Aalst
La Kolonie
Neerpelt

I might be forgetting some aeras now...

I'm looking for detailed aerials preferably Vertical taken ones and if possible full series of them wich makes comparing them easier.

Cheers Buck

#7:  Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:04 pm
    —
Have you tried "Major and Mrs Holt's Battlefield Guide to OPERATION MARKET-GARDEN Leopoldsburg - Eindhoven - Nijmegen - Arnhem - Oosterbeek"? I don't have it myself but it should contain useful information about atleast some of these locations. And then there's always the online Dutch 1868 atlas which has detailed maps of many Dutch towns together with present day satellite shots.

http://www.kuijsten.de/atlas/

Have you tried contacting Dutch research groups or authorities? Sending an email to municipal authorities usually gets an positive answer.

Regards

#8:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:12 pm
    —
ì have emailed with several authorities. but they lack aerials. there is only 1 place where i can buy them at a price of 45 euro's a piece Wink and i have the book from the holts its more a tourist guide not really intresting for modding Wink

thnx anyway i will check out the link.

Cheers Buck

#9:  Author: Heeresarmee PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:54 pm
    —
I will be visiting the Airborne Museum sometime in the next few months. i always visit warmuseums during wintertime. When i`m there i will keep a look out for any staffmaps or other geopgraphical stuff that can help you out. Meanwhile i suggest you use Google Earth, it should help you out a bit. Following links should provide you with some GPS coordinates to help you out.

And some other helpfull links aswell;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Market_Garden
http://members.lycos.nl/marketgarden44/index2.html
http://www.go2war2.nl/artikel/1030

Last link is Dutch only but has some pics that you can use. If you need any translation or anything i`d be happy to help.

#10:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:15 pm
    —
Quote:
May one ask which references the mod team has used and has access to? This would make it easier for us who wants to contribute with information for the mod.

Dougdale, Nazfiger, Kennedy, Kershaw books.

Various forums, sites, etc.

#11:  Author: Arvaker PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:31 pm
    —
Thanks!

Regards

#12:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:44 am
    —
HAve you guys seen this site for overheads of the Arnhem-Nijmegen area?

http://www.archeologienet.nl/divapilots/index.cfm?fa=changemapservice&servicename=luchtfotos

Its in Dutch and its a bunch of RAF photos taken during the war.

#13:  Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:32 pm
    —
This is a very useful site indeed, thanks! How did you find it? Last year I supplied Buck with a couple of hundred pictures that look identical to these, only those didnot exactly come for free... Sad

#14:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:03 pm
    —
Pete wrote:
This is a very useful site indeed, thanks! How did you find it? Last year I supplied Buck with a couple of hundred pictures that look identical to these, only those didnot exactly come for free... Sad

Bummer.... Sad Idea

#15:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:32 pm
    —
I was looking on Google Earth and I saw one of the pictures so I clicked on the "View this Post" button and the site was on the post. Are there any good pictures that you didnt have?

#16:  Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:44 pm
    —
That was a lucky shot I guess. WW2 aerial pics are rarely offered for free. Buck has had to buy a few dozen of pics for his Scheldt mod and I got him photographs for most of the Market Garden area . Don't know if Buck is still looking for M-G photographs. I found the photographs of the western part of The Netherlands very interesting though.

#17:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:17 pm
    —
Pete wrote:
That was a lucky shot I guess. WW2 aerial pics are rarely offered for free. Buck has had to buy a few dozen of pics for his Scheldt mod and I got him photographs for most of the Market Garden area . Don't know if Buck is still looking for M-G photographs. I found the photographs of the western part of The Netherlands very interesting though.

Must Have been a lucky shot. There was only 1 serie of photo's "relativly" intresting. thats the one wich crosses the hells highway just south of Veghel right on the small community's of Lochtenburg and Koevering.

Cheers Buck

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1