CC V - Cease Fire Command???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CC V - Cease Fire Command??? Author: our_kid123uk PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:09 pm
    —
Hello i still new to CC series but im playing CC V at the moment. Sometime i group or select multiple units and order to fire into an area and not at a target. How do i then get them to stop? as far as i have figured out i have to individually select them and order them to Ambush (which takes to long!!!!!) or to multiple select them and order to ambush which is worse as they ambush in the same direction and you have to then individually select unitis and change there ambush direction!!

Can anybody plz help???

Thanks for looking D\-

#2:  Author: Vman PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:22 pm
    —
I just figured out how to do it in CC3 today myself. Haven't tried it in CCV yet though.

Hold the order icon and try pressing the 'N' key.

By the order icon I mean the colored circle/dot.

#3:  Author: our_kid123uk PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:34 pm
    —
that does do the trick thanks but they all are ambushing in the direction in which you have selected the unit. Then i have to deselect the units then select them individually and turn round the direction for the ambush.

Thanks for the tip though its the best yet!

Andy

#4:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:11 pm
    —
You can click and drag that direct-fire dot where you currently have them firing and place it where none of your units can see. Out of all units LOS. This will cancel their previous fire command and will automatically put those units on defend. (and then also units won't all face the same direction due to those mass-ambush commands you're currently using).

Simple click and drag the direct targeting dot out of their line of sight/fire. Units stop force firing and go on defend.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1