Editing Strat Map Battlegroup icon positions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Editing Strat Map Battlegroup icon positions Author: Chopper PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:26 am
    —
Hi all,

I am working on a mod, and I am having problems getting the battlegroup icons to appear in the proper location on the strat map.

The strat map looks fine. All 43 locations highlight and display properly when an operation is loaded.

But, the battlegroup icons are not being displayed in the proper location. (i.e. in the center of the new map sector). For instance, an icon is being displayed at Bastogne instead of Assenois, etc..

Does anyone know the offset in the exe where this location information is stored. Or the right tool that would allow these locations to be edited?

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:35 am
    —
u need rtb tool by mafi

#3:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:44 am
    —
Anzac is right,
Get the RTB Tool.

You will also be able to edit the hotpoints for the Scenario editor screen as well.
Good to see someone working on CCIV,it's the best version ever.

#4:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:35 am
    —
Hi guys, Stwa here, Chopper is AWOL.

I agree CCIV is best version ever, but my mod is for CCV. I have the RTB tool and it is truely amazing.

But, so far I am unable to determine just what table needs to be modified in order to alter the locations of the battlegroup icons on the strat map. Is it the arrows table?

Is stratedit the tool that I need to make this happen?

Just wondering. Thanks in advance for any help.

#5:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:53 am
    —
I would say that your problem comes from BGroups.adb file, not the stratmap, and I don't believe RtB tool can fix that.

Anyway, I am not sure to understand well your issue.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#6:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:41 am
    —
No, its not the bgroup.adb.

The battlegroup icon pair. The pair that faces each other on the strat map in a given map sector. You know, 1 is american, and the other is german.

The pair of icons is displayed in the wrong location on the Strat Map.

#7:  Author: kwp PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:03 pm
    —
Stwa wrote:

Is stratedit the tool that I need to make this happen?

Yes.

Haven't used RtB for a long time but I'm pretty sure it will also do the trick.

#8:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:37 pm
    —
Hi Stwa,
I looked at the RTB Tool and I do "not" see the hotspots for the bg location on the strategic map listed.
You can try e-mailing Mafi.He is very good at responding.

I would assume you'll have to use another program for that.
Sorry I don't know the name and don't want to cause confusion by listing the wrong one as I have never edited CCV.

btw:
So far the mod looks great,and the force pools look so much better.
Did you correct the troop placement by changing the team sides?
I.E. Germans now load on the map on the right and Allies load on the left.

#9:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:29 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
Hi Stwa,

btw:
So far the mod looks great,and the force pools look so much better.
Did you correct the troop placement by changing the team sides?
I.E. Germans now load on the map on the right and Allies load on the left.

Thanks for the compliments, and checking on the BG Icons. I sent you a PM, but would like to share the following with others too.

1. Actually, I did not use the same approach Ardennes Offensive used to reverse the East-West aspect of the teams, icons, etc...

2. This mod, uses UN-MODIFIED copies of all CCV data files (except Fpools and Bgroups). Elements came from CCIV.

3. My mod, uses UN-MODIFED CCV sound files. The file names DID-NOT have to be reversed.

4. The mod correctly shows the East-West aspects of the BGICONS on the Strat map (and the corresponding, strike (air, mortar, naval) icons, WITHOUT having to modify the CCV exe file using RTB.

5. Battles function properly (i.e. Germans attack generally from the top or Right hand side of the map), without any modification to the btd files (other than the reverse of the briefing text).

6. My last issue is ---> The BG ICON (pair), which is correct in facing and all other details, is simply not in the correct location on the Strat map. In other words if the map location is index 35 (i.e Assenois), the BG ICON pair is displayed at the location (index 35), as it was for the Normandy game. (i.e. at Isigny). These locations are set by Strat-Edit, I think.

#10:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:34 pm
    —
I hope someone here will be able to help,sounds like the mod will be incredile but then again I'm a slut for the Ardennes Smile
Should you ever consider map making I have a ton of aerial photos uploaded here in the CCCamera (case you didnt know) under my user name.

GL and Godspeed,and please tell me you have your work backed up?

Please

I for one would love to play the completed project.

#11: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:09 am
    —
post a picture of what u mean.
but where the 2 bg icons appear on strat can only be controlled by RTB
picture will save time.

#12: Re: mmm Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 am
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
post a picture of what u mean.
but where the 2 bg icons appear on strat can only be controlled by RTB
picture will save time.

Everyone keeps saying that, but no one ever says which TABLE in RTB must be modified. Ovsiously you have done a Strat Map, so what table did u modify using RTB to change the locations of the BGICONS on the Strat Map.

Its pretty easy to figure out. If, as per the example, Assenios is in the South part of the Strat map (the bottom), but the BGIcon pair is being displayed in the NORTH part of the map (the top), that would be wrong.

But thanks for your interest, and I believe that StratEdit controlls the x,y positions of the BGICON pair. I did a simple test with the sample images provided with this tool, and that would seem to be the case.

#13: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:36 pm
    —
yer post a picture of what u mean.
doesnt have to be of ur mod

#14:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:15 pm
    —
So what happened with this project?

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1