Help with sound modding...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Help with sound modding... Author: Luft_Ultravist PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 pm
    —
Hy all1 I finally decided to make a sound mod for GJS 4.4 that fits my taste and perhaps give something back for the cc comunity as well. i almost have all my sounds for every weapon except the big guns and i woud like to if there is a way to know how to add them to a mod? I've opened a sound mod with SFX and saw that there are in a list numbered from 0000 to 0131-0145 depending of the mod but i would like to know wich one is for each weapon because its hard to try to identify each one by its sound.

#2: Re: Help with sound modding... Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:39 pm
    —
Luft_Ultravist wrote:
I've opened a sound mod with SFX and saw that there are in a list numbered from 0000 to 0131-0145 depending of the mod

Hi,

What's that????
If you want to make your own sound mod:

1) Download the program called SFYPacker and install it on your hard drive.
2) Open with this program the file called sound.sfx.
3) You will then have access to more than 100 (depending of the mod you have open: for GJS,I really don't know...) files in .wav format.
4)Each of this .wav files correspond either with:

a) a weapon: in this case,go to the weapons.adb file you can open with QClone and verify which sound is linked with what weapon (one of the last colluimns called: "weapon sound"
b) a background sound: in this case, note the number and you will be able to change them after if you like. NOTE, HOWEVER, that the numbers associated with these sounds are linked with the CC5.exe file. So do not try to give a weapon sound to a file associated to an "ambiance" sound.

5) Copy/paste you custom weapon sounds to the corresponding sounds in the sound.sfx file

6) Repack
7) Play

Hope this helps

Panzerjäger

#3:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:48 pm
    —
Here is a table of the weapon sound index numbers from GJS 4.4. It is sorted by the sound. Remember that the Weapons.adb is sorted by the Index number.

GJS v4.4 Weapons.adb Sounds Index.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GJS v4.4 Weapons.adb Sounds Index.zip
 Filesize:  5.65 KB
 Downloaded:  370 Time(s)

#4:  Author: Luft_Ultravist PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:13 pm
    —
Hey thanks for you infos! But qclone doesn't work..tried everything..and the index file for gjs 4.4 does not match the number of sounds i obtained when i used sfxpack in my gjs 4.4 instalation....so i'm a little bogged right now...will stick to sound editing for a while Confused

#5:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:21 pm
    —
Luft_Ultravist wrote:
But qclone doesn't work..

Did you install Java Virtual Machine?

Cheers
PJ

#6:  Author: Luft_Ultravist PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:09 pm
    —
yes...i did...didn't work...qclone gives me a weird error so fast i cant read whats the problem. maybe someone could open a standard gjs4.4 weapon.adb and give me the index...my current sound.sfx is totalizing 104 files (not 132 like the one senior drill gave me..by the way thanks mate).

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:45 am
    —
missing the java exe for qclone
its d/l here in downloads under misc

#8:  Author: Luft_Ultravist PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:20 am
    —
working now...thanks.

#9:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:57 am
    —
L_U, the weapons sounds column in the GJS 4.4 weapons.adb matches the list I posted above (ordered by the sound index number, not the weapon index). The highest sound index number from the weapons.adb file is 101, not 132.

There are only 103 .wav files in GJS 4.4's Sounds.sfx. The weapon sound numbers match the .wav files in the list I posted. Check to ensure you have extracted the correct mod sound file with the SFX tool.

#10:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:14 am
    —
Doh! I should have mentioned this earlier. Go to the post in this link and get the latest revision for the Qclone CC5 and CC4 ini files.

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=88607&postcount=143

Replace these for the ones in your copy of Qclone. These have the proper column headers and descriptions based on the code and no longer have "unknown" columns. There are also Excel workbooks for all the .adb files from the stock and patched versions of CC4 and CC5 that you can use as a workspace for your editing.

These are the works of myself, TheBlood!, Tezsjd, anzac_lord4war, kwp, and many others and have been tested out by many modders.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1