Back in the saddle...with a burr in my seat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Back in the saddle...with a burr in my seat Author: prototype_beta PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:12 pm
    —
First I just want to say hello again to some of the Vets who have been hanging around here for years... I was on R&R for awhile but i am back now and as always, ready for a good fight. I also want to say how good it is to see so many new players! I never thought CC5 could make another comeback but it seems it has.

On another note, does anyone else have severe disconnect problems with the GJS mod or just in general? The ":00 sec" and "morale" crashes seem to be killing my games right now and I was wondering if with all these new mods anyone had figured out what causes the silly yet extremely frustrating end of the game crashes. The only mod that seems to be stable for me is Overlord...

Any replies are appreciated and again, nice to be back!

Proto

#2: Yeh Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:30 pm
    —
Good day

Nice see u in CC again!

Stalk

#3:  Author: RD_Helmut PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:34 pm
    —
try turning your direct draw off and change compatability mode.

Otherwise, CC5 is still as buggy as it was before your R

#4:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:50 am
    —
Great to see you back Proto.

#5:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:55 pm
    —
Welcome back proto.

The game would crash sooner than 00:00 if it was dxdiag (gfx card) issue.
Though in most cases you do want to turn off your gfx card before playing CC (which you're probably already doing unless playing on a dinosaur system).

Start menu > Run "dxdiag". Display > disable dxdiag.

You may want to try direct connection using UDP or TCP connection rather than launching through GS. Maybe more stable connection for you and eliminate some of those damned 00:00 crashes.

Personally I rarely crash on 00:00, but it has been a problem in the past.

I play through GS mostly, and I do always turn off my card otherwise the game crashes on "transfer data" error a few mins in. I don't think the card is your problem though.
Try IP direct connect method, UDP/TCP. Maybe will help.

Good luck.

Wruff

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1