Leadership charisma, agression, caution & tactics.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Leadership charisma, agression, caution & tactics. Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:37 pm
    —
How do these 4 qualities effect a battle? I am doing a short battlegroup guide and I would like to be able to explain the "real world" effect on the playing field.

#2:  Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:22 pm
    —
I'm trying for a long time to find how EXACTLY these 4 variables affect a battle. From what I've noticed until now (but I may be wrong) they works like that:

1) Charisma: a unit with a charismatic leader (e.g. 5) can support heavy casualties without morale getting low until late in the game, while a unit with a less charismatic leader has a faster morale failure. So when you play with 'morale on' setting this factor can be very important.

The next 3 variables affect exclusively the A.I. opponent.

2) Caution: a unit with a less cautious commander will tend to use most of its forces from the beginning of the battle, while a cautious commander will hold a few teams (about a platoon) to give a final blow on last 4-5 minutes of the game.

3) Aggression: I cannot say exactly what's the limit between 'timid' battle plans and aggresive battle plans. But even the less aggresiv AI commander will use a few teams in offensive.

4) Tactics: this is an even more misterious variable. I don't know what's the difference between an AI commander who use all tactical plans and a commander who does not use all tactical plans.

Now, the problem becomes even more intricate if we consider what is the effect of every combination between these 4 variables. The charisma can be excluded because it doesn't influence the use of teams but the other 3 factors have the same effect - the use of forces - but from different angles.

If considering the maximal values (-5 and +5) of those 3 variables result is 8 types of AI commanders:

Caution Aggression Tactics

1) 5 5 5

2) 5 5 -5

3) 5 -5 5

4) 5 -5 -5

5) -5 5 5

6) -5 5 -5

7) -5 -5 5

Cool -5 -5 -5

Theoretically, type 4 would be the most defensive and type 5 the most ofensive but I cannot say how exactly these 8 types affect AI behaviour. This would request many tests. And these are only 'extreme' types because the values between -5 and +5 give a huge number of combinations. If someone knows more I would be happy to learn.

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:05 am
    —
Thanks for those explanations. I only knew what CCReq displays. I didnt even consider these values in single player mode. It does shed alot of light on it. Lets see if more people can contribute.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:54 am
    —
Wallach with you help heres what I have so far.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=118

#5:  Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:21 am
    —
I've seen, if we don't know the source code we can just supose what these things mean only from game experience.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1