immobile tanks in snow.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: immobile tanks in snow. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:52 am
    —
i think its unusual that my tanks(3/4) became"stuck" and not listed as immobile. yes in cc1/2/3/4/5 you can be caught between objects/trees and become'stuck' but this mod it happens on open ground, as soon as game started, mt t34 became stuck on a open road, then soon after my BMT7, then my KV1, only my BA with 45mm and mmg, made it the 300M to the enemy. man it was like watching snails race! no tank could move any direction once 'stuck' but non listed as tracked or immobile.

#2:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:36 am
    —
Hi,

I understand your concern. Some players have complained about the facts that the tanks are slow.
I just wanted to make them slow because at the time of this part of the Stalingrad battle, the ground was covered with very heavy snow, rendering the AFV's progression very slow.

Anyway, maybe I went to far and I will try to fix that for the 1.1 version.

I have to point out also that, unfortunately, the stupid AI of the CC5 game (I am not responsible for it!) is responsible for the issue, since the game prefers to use the tanks at 300 meters from their targets and use them as mobile guns... (CC3 was much better in that respect). Generally speaking, the AI does not like pushing the tanks at high speeds on the roads....in any mod.

Cheers
PJ

#3:  Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:52 pm
    —
Pz Jäger,

I wrote shortly after the release of your mod that I was wondering whether the tanks shouldn't move a little faster... Just want to make sure you didn't take it as a complaint, but merely a question. The mod is yours and you decide how it should work. I do think, however, that it would be an improvement if you could enable the tanks to move faster in the next version.

Fast of slow tanks... I'm still having a fun time with this mod!

Thanks
MörserCarl

#4:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:11 pm
    —
MörserCarl wrote:
Pz Jäger,

I wrote shortly after the release of your mod that I was wondering whether the tanks shouldn't move a little faster... Just want to make sure you didn't take it as a complaint, but merely a question. The mod is yours and you decide how it should work. I do think, however, that it would be an improvement if you could enable the tanks to move faster in the next version.

Fast of slow tanks... I'm still having a fun time with this mod!

Thanks
MörserCarl

HI,

I surely did not take it as a complaint!

Just, moding is difficult as you have to satisfy everybody while sticking more or less to the historical reality and the stupid CC5 AI...

That's a lot for a lone man!!

Anyway, look at the attachment and tell me if you see an improvement.

Cheers
PJ

Faster tanks.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Faster tanks.zip
 Filesize:  11.89 KB
 Downloaded:  389 Time(s)

#5:  Author: Qlimax PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:23 pm
    —
I didnt have trouble with tanks getting stuck but on one map I cant move my tanks past a certain point. It's a reworked CC3 map with all those factories. I am not home right now so I dont know the maps name. Anyway I dont think it's suck a big deal the tanks are slow.

#6:  Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:53 pm
    —
Pz Jäger,

I tried the files you attached to your last post and the vehicles are now moving at a faster pace... voila, problem fixed for me! I will carry on my campaign with these new files.

I tested the speed of a T34 on a straight road and found that with the new files the tank moved at a speed of roughly 4x the speed in the orginal mod files.

Thanks for that... that was literally a quick fix!

MörserCarl

#7:  Author: JohnDee PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:39 am
    —
Hey Pz Jäger,

let me thank you for the awesome mod you graced us with, I'm having great fun playing the GC against LONO.. Very Happy

those slow tanks did drive me crazy tho, especially on the last map where i could have easely wiped him off the map, if it wasnt for my very sloooow tanks..

but your attachment will sort that little problem of mine, so nothing more to say other than thx again !

#8:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:15 am
    —
looks like a great mod.........havent had a chance to play it much yet tho........but i will.
my question is......has the faster tanks data been put into the DL game folder as of dec 5? or do i need to add it myself now? and where do i put it?
i just DL the game today.
thanks
stiener

#9: excellent! Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:29 am
    —
the faster tanks patch is brilliant!

makes tank driving more berable. as they where i was going to resort to infantry human wave charges, and leave tanks as static guns! very bad h2h tactic, works well against AI!

good work! all this snow in australian Summer...i get cold, then hot! burp..maybe i spilled my beer when i hear the PaK40 firing at my T34's!

#10:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:27 pm
    —
I agree...I prefer the faster tanks.
I play as Germans...before I just stick my tanks in the ruins as 'armored guns'...now they can redeploy faster and be very useful in counter attacks or in plugging breached defenses.

#11:  Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:09 pm
    —
Quote:
looks like a great mod.........havent had a chance to play it much yet tho........but i will.
my question is......has the faster tanks data been put into the DL game folder as of dec 5? or do i need to add it myself now? and where do i put it?
thanks
stiener

Unzip the two files to the folder: SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy/Data/Base... and make sure you overwrite the files already in that folder.

MörserCarl

#12:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:24 pm
    —
stiener wrote:
thanks
stiener

Hi,

No, the downloadable version is still 1.0.
v1.1 will be added as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can download the two files which are included in one of my messages on this post.

Cheers
PJ

#13:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:33 am
    —
heres a stupid question......humour a PC idiot here.......if i unplug SDK and plugin say.. GJS.....do i have to put those files back in the data/base folder again when i plugin SDK again??

thanks

#14:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:11 am
    —
stiener wrote:
heres a stupid question......humour a PC idiot here.......if i unplug SDK and plugin say.. GJS.....do i have to put those files back in the data/base folder again when i plugin SDK again??

thanks

Yes if you replug the v1.0 version
No if you replug the v1.1 version which I have uploaded but is not available for downloading yet.

Cheers
PJ

#15: T-34, stuck in snow? Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:08 pm
    —
When im playing SDK as Germans, im jusing caputered T-34. But they got stuck in the snow, or seiously slowed down.

but Russian tanks, or at least the T-34:s where fitted with wide tracks to better nagotiate snow and mudd.
But still they got stuck or slowed down.

Whats the reason for this? Confused

#16: Re: T-34, stuck in snow? Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:30 pm
    —
karlmortar wrote:
When im playing SDK as Germans, im jusing caputered T-34. But they got stuck in the snow, or seiously slowed down.

but Russian tanks, or at least the T-34:s where fitted with wide tracks to better nagotiate snow and mudd.
But still they got stuck or slowed down.

Whats the reason for this? Confused

You are right. In the v1.2, the T34's will go quicker.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1