Battlegroups Guide
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Battlegroups Guide Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:03 am
    —
I have put together a cheat sheet of all battlegroup attributes. You can use these in a GC to determine how agressive your attack can be, estimate the breaking point of an enemy BG, determine who gets cut off and other things!

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=118

#2:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:00 am
    —
Kick'n

#3:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:45 am
    —
Accoding to that guide both sides in GJS have 27 BGs....is this right for the H2H GC? I haven't played it yet but intend to after completing Stalingrad.

The reason I ask is that I thought the Allies had a large numerical advantage in GJS, but it appears not if both have 27 BGs, unless the Allied BGs are consistently better stocked than the German ones.

Thanks for clearing this up.

#4:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:02 pm
    —
allies have reinforce so they theortically have a 100% numerical advantage.

#5:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:52 pm
    —
I'm wondering bout one thing. Does the speed of a bg is important only when 2 bgs try to enter each other's map or can a fast bg stop a slower enemy bg trying to leave a map elsewhere?

#6:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:19 pm
    —
It is my opinion from TONS of game play that BG speed only affects two BG's trying to move head to head onto each other's map. The faster BG will successfully leave their map onto the targeted destination and the slower BG will stay on their original map and will fail to move.

If a slow BG is moving to an unoccupied map or one containing a static/non-moving unit then they will not be hampered in their movement even when a fast BG enters their original map from a different location. i.e. you can't catch a slow BG by the tail and pull them back into the original map. You can only block strategic movement by controlling VL exits or moving a fast BG as defined above.

#7:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:09 am
    —
kevin_dtn,

Your right. I think that catching a BG from behind is a good suggestion for CC6 and/or as a bonus for the CC4/5 re-releases....

#8:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:31 pm
    —
[can admins plz delete this post, made a mistake]

Last edited by bkp_mik on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:32 pm
    —
Thanks guys for confirmation, had just a moment of hesitation Smile

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1