is the el alemein mod worth getting?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

#1: is the el alemein mod worth getting? Author: Cowmando PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 am
    —
I want to know if i should down load it. It is one of my favorate theaters of war. But I am not sure that it will work in the close combat style. As it was on a much larger scale than close combat can allow for. With some many other factors involved.

Please note I am pretty drunk whle writeing this so I have not checked spelling or gramma.

#2: Is the el alemein mod worth getting? Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:00 am
    —
It is a great Mod. It works correctly and it contains very good maps. I am sure that it will like

Greetings

#3: Re: is the el alemein mod worth getting? Author: Heeresarmee PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 am
    —
Cowmando wrote:
I want to know if i should down load it. It is one of my favorate theaters of war. But I am not sure that it will work in the close combat style. As it was on a much larger scale than close combat can allow for. With some many other factors involved.

Please note I am pretty drunk whle writeing this so I have not checked spelling or gramma.

Ahhh it was one of those nights huh?! Lol! Very Happy But it is worth downloading! You should at least give it a try to reward the hard work the modmaker had on it! After all, they give up their social life for us, so we can give up our social life for what they created! Wink

#4: Re: is the el alemein mod worth getting? Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:53 pm
    —
Cowmando wrote:

To be honest, I did not D/L the mod so far, but it is surely the one I will play in the next few weeks after having given birth to my SDK child (and maybe finish my second son).

I am pretty sure that there is here something great.

PJ

#5: is the el alemein mod worth getting? Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:35 am
    —
To be more concrete, I believe that the only thing that it needs, is to change the “values” of some units, like for example, matilda, I believe that the shield has put him, too hard and resistant.

I have played it and I have liked much.

Greetings

#6:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:03 am
    —
I say you should download it. When I first got it I had played 10 hours straight Very Happy. even though there is problems with it (matilda tanks too strong, Shermans classified as heavy tanks, etc.) I like this mod a lot. Smile

#7:  Author: Cowmando PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:30 am
    —
hah shermans were almost heavey tanks compared to the rest of the british tanks.

#8:  Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:34 pm
    —
Get it!

It's one of the best mods in terms of balance IMO. And you have to carefully choose your units before each battle.

The only minor point is the strategic map IMO, but since CC can't allow to add more maps and units, I don't think the mod makers can do more on this point.

And well, game play is very interesting on the rocky and desertic places of North Africa, very different from what you can play on, let's say, Ardennes or Normandy. So that's worth a try IMO.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1