1 day = 4 turns?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: 1 day = 4 turns? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:49 am
    —
Has anyone experienced this or did I do something wrong?

While playing the Rattenkrieg North Ops...I noticed that the date changes every 4 turns...not every 2 turns like usual.
So instead of playing 2 turns each day/date...you play 4 turns.
For example: 19th November goes like this: turn 1 (morning), turn 2 (noon)...then the date is supposed to change to 20th November right? But it doesn't...it's still 19th November and you play 2 more turns (morning and noon) before the date changes to the 20th.

I usually save after each battle...then go to the mainscreen...load the saved game and continue playing next battle. I never click the "next" button and continue to the next battle before saving first (I read there's a CC5 bug when you click "next").
Am I doing something wrong?

#2: Re: 1 day = 4 turns? Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Has anyone experienced this or did I do something wrong?

While playing the Rattenkrieg North Ops...I noticed that the date changes every 4 turns...not every 2 turns like usual.
So instead of playing 2 turns each day/date...you play 4 turns.
For example: 19th November goes like this: turn 1 (morning), turn 2 (noon)...then the date is supposed to change to 20th November right? But it doesn't...it's still 19th November and you play 2 more turns (morning and noon) before the date changes to the 20th.

I usually save after each battle...then go to the mainscreen...load the saved game and continue playing next battle. I never click the "next" button and continue to the next battle before saving first (I read there's a CC5 bug when you click "next").
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

There is no bug, Squadleader! That's something I did intentionaly.
What I wanted to do was to slow down the real time at selected moments of the Grand campaign (the ones when the action was the most huge and important): this is the case at the beginning (november 19th and 20th, as well as, as I remember, at the beginning of Wintergewitter. In contrary, you will see that the time goes faster at the periods where the front was "quite" (!) quiet (for instance between the end of Uranus and the beginning of Wintergewitter).

Oh, it is not vey important but I think it adds something to the reality.

Just something else: other moders have done that, for isnstance Dom/Tejszd in BO.

Hope that helps
Cheers
PJ

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:15 pm
    —
Thanks for clearing this up, PJ...I was confused when 'time slowed down' on me. In fact, I was so confused It never accured to me to check the ScrnGadg.gdg file.
I'm surprised nobody else asked about this though?
Maybe for the next update (after ver 1.1) you could make the date graphics different between the first 2 turns and the second set of turns...maybe make the date graphics a different color for each set of turns? Just a suggestion.
Or maybe you wanted to have this effect on purpose?
Because after the 19th of November's last battle was fought...I was freaked out when I saw that the date counter didn't move! It was still the 19th and I had to fight 2 more turns of battles! Then it happened again on the 20th. I bet this is the effect you wanted on players right? You sneaky devil Smile .

#4:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:32 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Maybe for the next update (after ver 1.1) you could make the date graphics different between the first 2 turns and the second set of turns...maybe make the date graphics a different color for each set of turns? Just a suggestion.

Good idea. I will think about it.
Cheers
PJ

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:10 am
    —
Changing the clock graphic to represent 4 turns would have been more realistic...too bad it's hardcoded and you can't edit it to display 4 different clockfaces in one day. But differentiating the date graphic/color will do the job also.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1