Need help to use GadgetMunger
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Need help to use GadgetMunger Author: rouge5 PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:35 pm
    —
I want to replace/edit some of the weapons targas in the ScrnGadg.gdg as I am not satisfied with the looks of some of them. So far I have been able to extract and copy/paste or edit the files I want to change without any trouble, the problem begins when I try to rebuild the ScrnGadg.gdg the replaced/edited files looks like random colors and not like the files I wanted. I have followed the GadgetMunger notes that came with GadgetMunger to the letter and now I am stuck and I don't know how to rebuild the ScrnGadg.gdg file properly. Sad

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me on this matter Smile

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:32 am
    —
Make sure you save your edited files as 16 bit TGA format.
Also flip the graphic upside down (flip vertical?) before saving them.
Hope this helps.

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:02 pm
    —
remember weapon pics r in more than one place.
with different sizes.

#4:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:38 pm
    —
AL4W, I belive you are thinking of the unit icons, not the weapon icons.

The ScrnGadg.gdg has BGUNIT icons that are 80x60 pixels and GSUNIT icons that are 37x12 pixels. The weapon icons are RQWEAP at 41x12 pixels.

The GameGadg.gdg has the same small unit icons - GSUNIT. The weapon icons are the same images as RQWEAP, but renamed as GSWEAP

#5:  Author: rouge5 PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:01 pm
    —
Thanks for the help guys I finally got it to work by using your advice Smile

#6: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:05 pm
    —
ye Rouge its just me running 2 different weapon sizes.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1