"a date which will live in infamy"
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: "a date which will live in infamy" Author: Nembo PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:46 am
    —
Sort of shocked nobody mentioned it today, 64th anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbour.

#2:  Author: God4SakenLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:16 am
    —
Oh well, maybe we overlooked the date because the event has not been made into a CC5 mod yet. Still December 7th 1941 is also the 64th anniversary of Canada's declaration of war against Japan, Hungary, Finland and Rumania. I'm shocked that no-one mentioned that, not even Mooxe!

#3: MAYBE Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:12 am
    —
BECAUSE it was 3 years after everybody else started...

but seriously, a horriable thing.

#4:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:46 pm
    —
Well the date ended the war faster, but it also made the USA an interventionistic police state.

#5:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 pm
    —
Searry wrote:
Well the date ended the war faster, but it also made the USA an interventionistic police state.

Read Hegemonic War Theory of Thucidides and the contemporary version Robert Gilpin (War and Change), then you will see that it is not that easy

#6:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:35 pm
    —
Opps I put 64th should be 65 years after the attack. Embarassed

#7:  Author: God4SakenLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:32 am
    —
Nembo wrote:

Don't worry, we all stuffed up on our history in this post (Who attacked the USA at Pearl Harbour again, was it the Taliban?), I should have checked the numbers too, and by Tack's reckoning, WW2 started in 1938. Depending on who's history you prefer to read, the starting year for WW2 is debateble. I go with the opinion that it started in 1931 between the Japanese and the Chinese.

#8:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:55 pm
    —
God4Saken wrote:
Nembo wrote:

Don't worry, we all stuffed up on our history in this post (Who attacked the USA at Pearl Harbour again, was it the Taliban?), I should have checked the numbers too, and by Tack's reckoning, WW2 started in 1938. Depending on who's history you prefer to read, the starting year for WW2 is debateble. I go with the opinion that it started in 1931 between the Japanese and the Chinese.

1936 is my bet. Indochina on the one hand, Italians in Ethiopia and Spanish civil war with German and Russian involvement on the other... World wars need global scale, dont they?

#9:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:42 pm
    —
I'd go for 1919, at the signing of the Versailles treaty, far from being the 'peace' treaty to end all wars, it made a 2nd wider one almost inevitable.

Cheers
Ronson

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1