CCResourceDLL.dll
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: CCResourceDLL.dll Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:06 pm
    —
CCResourceDLL.dll!! what does this file do, and what tool or program is needed to edit it? does this file have anything to do with map indexing and the strat map?

and does anyone know where to get btdmunger?...or does btdedit do the same thing?

thanks troops!

cpt jb mac

#2: Re: CCResourceDLL.dll Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:23 pm
    —
AT_Capt_JB_Mac wrote:
CCResourceDLL.dll!! what does this file do, and what tool or program is needed to edit it? does this file have anything to do with map indexing and the strat map?

and does anyone know where to get btdmunger?...or does btdedit do the same thing?

thanks troops!

cpt jb mac

Hi,

1) CC5dll. Hmmmm, be very careful if you want to change anything within this file: it is the most fragile I have never seen in CC!
Anyway, to answer to your question, CC5dll contains a lot (all?) of the screen messages you have during playing CC like: "Germans won the battle because...etc...". To my knowledge, that's all. You can edit this file with an hexeditor like Hackman (the same I use to make my Index.mpi files). But be careful. BACKUPPPPPP!!!!
2) BTDMunger is the brother of BTDEdit and is used to edit the btd files in CC4. You can also use it to modify CC5 btd's already edited with BTDEdit... It's a kind of cheat...... Forget it for the moment.

Hope this helps
PJ

#3: CCResourceDLL.dll Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:35 pm
    —
hi there,

thanks for the help! so it sounds like this file does'nt have anything to do with map/strat map indexing. guess i will leave it for now.

thanks muchly, cpt jb mac

#4: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:01 pm
    —
ur looking for stratedit,it is part of the btd edit d/l
there is 2 shortcuts, one to each within the programme.

#5: strat map trouble Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 am
    —
the individual map areas on the stratmap are not at the diamond i want them to be. i have used btd edit to set the map #s in the btd file to match the number i gave them in the index.mpi file, and these #s match the #s i gave to each area on the strat map. what could be wrong? any ideas?

thx, capt jb mac

#6: Hmm Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:53 am
    —
Hi JB

2 questions

1. Have u made the 2 masks and then run stratedit?

2. If then, the diamonds is not 100% perfect, they need to be adjusted in Stratedit, but that easy, drag em..

Stalk

#7: strat map trouble Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 pm
    —
hi Stalky, been a while. what have you been up to? hows the family?

i ran strat edit with the masks and all that. the diamonds are in the right spot. but the diamond has the wrong map name. it will have a map name from an other diamond on the other side of the strat map, and vice versa. i think for now i will rerun strat edit, maybe i made an error when i ran it. i dont know what else to do at the moment.

thanks Stalky.

jb mac

#8: Hi Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:40 pm
    —
Hi JB,

yeh thanx and you?

First, please use strat edit for that, you shold not have to do much (if any) in the other files.
When Big and small mask are ok, and same numbers at same place it shall pretty much be ok. the diamond may need a small adjustment by drag em, but that is done in stratedit to.

Im thinking why the diamonds is problm, to narroe it down,

Have u set the same numbers at mask for both small and big mask?
Did u use autonumber? If so please sheck the numbers are same in small and large, for they work seperatly.

Stalk

#9: thx Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:34 pm
    —
thanks guys for your help. i finally found the trouble. i missed some files in the gamegadg that needed to be edited.

jb mac

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1