MEUSE 3.4 install instructions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Meuse Mod

#1: MEUSE 3.4 install instructions Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:27 am
    —
EDIT:
PLUG IN NOW AVAILABLE. Download and install like any other mod. Makes the rest of my post below irrelevant.

EDIT: Put in 3.4 install instructions here so people can see them first without having to read through my waffle:

Download MEUSE TODAY!!
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=29
Meuse is a great mod and (I feel) not enough people know about it ... invasion of France 1940... greaaat fun mod, all that 1940 gear.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
To install MEUSE 3.4 beta plugin (upgrade from 3.3) what you do is this:

1. install 3.3 Meuse like any other mod

2. install and uninstall meuse 3.3 using config manager (this will create the folder you will use in step 3)

3. copy all files from 3.4 beta to CfgV13>System>Packages>Meuse_v33_Full

(Copy over the files that are there with the new files. In the 3.4 beta package there is a separate folder with map files in it. These map files also need to be copied to the same location: CfgV13>System>Packages>Meuse_v33_Full ... that is copy the individual files to that location NOT the folder containing the files)

4. You're done... you now have 3.4 installed. However it will still be called 3.3 in your plug in manager.

Very Happy

END EDIT
-----------------------------------
ORIG MSG:
a MEUSE lovers GRIEF! Sad

I've been playing a lot of meuse lately and absolutely loving it since Volkjager put me onto this mod (seems to be one of the lesser known CC5 mods though the map pack is in the most popular downloads?)

Anyhow... when is the 3.4 beta going to be incorporated into the plugin!?

I ask this because the install instructions that come with the beta are confusing at best. I find only 1/3 people who I can actually convince to going to the trouble of installing the beta to play actually get it right. For the rest the game just crashes.

The instructions in particular they don't seem to take into account use of the plugin manager. I noticed the instructions give details to copy and rename files in the same way I imagine the plugin manager does. Now this was my own investigation so my question is are the *.pln files dynamic... that is are they read-write files or only read files?

Because what I've done with my copy of meuse is I installed 3.3. Then I installed/activated it by installing it with plugin manager. Then I replaced files in my CC5 directory with files from the 3.4 beta. These files seem to correspond to files from 3.3 copied to CC5 directory via the plugin manager. I then uninstalled 3.3. What I'm wondering is do these new files (the ones I've copied from 3.4 over my 3.3 files in the CC5 directory) get copied back into the 3.3 pln file effectively making my 3.3 into 3.4? Or is the 3.3 pln file simply a write file? Ie. it only copies files into the CC5 directory when you install the mod and when you uninstall the mod it just deletes them?

Anyhow... hopefully you understand all that... that said when can we see the wonderful meuse 3.4 in an easy to use pln file!?

thanks in advance for tech help Very Happy[url][/url]

Last edited by mikwarleo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:55 am; edited 4 times in total

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:54 am
    —
It worked like this for me. DL the beta, unpack it to the System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full. If you don't know how to do this, you must be stupid. It's damn basics.

#3:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:38 am
    —
mikwarleo,

Searry is right, jusy copy the files into the \System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full directory with the mod uninstalled (ignore folder names so that the new map .txt files do not go into a sub directory). Then when you install you are actually installing v3.3 with the v3.4 files in place.

v3.4 is a beta release and the instructions for installing were posted in the forum thread where the update was posted.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:18 am
    —
Well thanks for the explaination and yes that's very easy...

To clarify there are no install instructions saying what you've said here that I can see in the 3.4 package or on the download page. To save people the greif I've been through getting this fun mod to work properly I suggest putting in the install instructions you've got here.

Great Mod!

#5:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:33 pm
    —
mikwarleo,

Good feedback. The readme.txt in the package lists what was changed but not how to install the beta version....

#6:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:54 pm
    —
I would suggest just making it into a plugin to save us all from the many errors that could come of trying to mess around with it. I understand MOOXE is very capable and good at making plugins.

Seary should change his name to Cheery, since he always has an encouraging word.

#7: dumb Author: sickf1 PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:57 am
    —
Please please a plugn for the computer challanged "ME".

#8: MEUSE 3.4 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:24 pm
    —
Ok all very good... and thanks for pointing that out mac... funny.

Can I suggest that the following instructions, or some similar set of instructions, be added to the website and/or the readme.txt for the 3.4 mod!

So to be clear for everyone: to install meuse with 3.4 plugin what you do is this:

1. install 3.3 Meuse like any other mod

2. install and uninstall meuse 3.3 using config manager (this will create the folder you will use in step 3)

3. copy all files from 3.4 beta to CfgV13>System>Packages>Meuse_v33_Full

(Copy over the files that are there with the new files. In the 3.4 beta package there is a separate folder with map files in it. These map files also need to be copied to the same location: CfgV13>System>Packages>Meuse_v33_Full ... that is copy the files to that location not the folder containing the files)

4. You're done... you now have 3.4 installed. However it will still be called 3.3 in your plug in manager.

Very Happy

#9:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:41 pm
    —
Hey Mik, I know it's not all really that hard. But I'm thinking for all of the new people or people who don't check forums and readme files and such - which I imagine is alot. So in the interest of keeping it as simple and user friendly as possible, I think a nice Meuse 3.4 plugin would be a great addition.

Cheers.

#10:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:04 pm
    —
Pzt_Mac wrote:
I think a nice Meuse 3.4 plugin would be a great addition.

I agree! This is what I was referring to as funny:

Pzt_Mac wrote:
Seary should change his name to Cheery, since he always has an encouraging word..

Very Happy

#11:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm
    —
Firstly, thank you very much, Tejszd, for keeping the updates coming on Meuse Crossing 1940. I find this mod to be one that I keep returning to play after trying all the new mods (and ones that I never got around to d/l).

There is one small difficulty that I see in the v3.4 beta version. The two maps that you describe as needing re-downloads are not to be found. These are Rocroi (which has a white line on the right map edge) and Maubeuge (which seems to have a couple of missing shadows for buildings). The ReadMe file says that files dated 10/10/04 for Rocroi and dated 8/19/04 are the fixed ones. Well, it is now 2007 and these files are not the ones incorporated in the Meuse mappack or any of the individual files located either here or at CSO.

Thanks again! .... and thanks for any help you might be able to provide with the two maps.

#12:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:31 am
    —
tripwire,

Thanks for the feedback on the maps I'll follow up with CSS and CSO to get those files on their servers.

For now you can grab them from the Meuse web site;

http://www.wargamer.com/Hosted/CCJimmyD/Meuse.htm

#13:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:52 pm
    —
Thank you!

I've got the updated maps... looks great.

#14:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:11 pm
    —
bout time we seen a Meuse banner here at CCS.

Looks totaly cool too.

#15:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:27 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
bout time we seen a Meuse banner here at CCS.

Looks totaly cool too.

Thank you Michael.

Anyone here is welcome to make thier own CCS banner for whatever mod or version they play. Details are here ->>> http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2579

#16:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:46 am
    —
Yes, thank you for the banner. I noticed it right away Razz

#17:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:55 am
    —
Very Happy
Thumbs up from me too

#18:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:03 am
    —
I know I've said it before, but...

Any chance of getting a plugin made for this?

Smile

#19:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm
    —
Pzt_Mac wrote:
I know I've said it before, but...

Any chance of getting a plugin made for this?

Smile

I agree with Mac - with no clear install instructions available, outside of this thread, we'll run into people who do it wrong and face subsequent crashes.

Love the diplomacy Mac Wink (Seary -> Cheery)

#20:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:57 am
    —
Diplomacy works... You will have v3.4 plugin this weekend.

Also, thank you Mooxe for updating the maps Rocroi and Maubeuge to the latest version....

Close Combat Series -> Meuse Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4