Installation help!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

#1: Installation help! Author: BombardierLocation: England PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:45 pm
    —
Dear CC veterans,

Being newly posted to this front and given only rudimentary training in the handling of my PC '98, could someone kindly explain, in language suitable for a small child of limited intelligence, how I'd go about installing this nice looking mod?

Cheers,

Bombardier Smile

#2:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:23 am
    —
Well bombadier... installing a mod can be a little complicated if you've never done it before - but once you do it, you'll never have problems with it again.

Step 1:
Download the plugin manager. If this is in a zip form, and i think it is- create a new folder on your desktop called "Mod plns" or something - then unzip it to your new folder.

Step 2:
DL the mod.

Step 3:
Unzip the mod into (i might not be getting the exact path names here right, but bascially unzip it into the plugins folder): plugins/pluginsfolder.

Step 4:
Open the plugin manager by double clicking the icon for it. This should bring up the plugin manager and you should see Utah there. Right click it hit install.

After that, play and enjoy.
If you have problems, come to GameSpy and ask someone there, they will help you out. www.gamespy.com

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:37 am
    —
Take a look here also:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=3

I don't think Utah is covered...but for most mods with plugin format...the install procedure is basically the same. Just follow the guides and customize it for the Utah plugin.

#4:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:55 am
    —
also and first before plugin manager you must install the 5.01 patch which all mods run off

#5:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:05 am
    —
and also bombadier ive never seen defeat snatched from the jaws of victory like i just seen in the second ashes test here.....

#6:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:09 am
    —
and also bombadier ive never seen defeat snatched from the jaws of victory like i just seen in the second ashes test here.....

#7:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:11 am
    —
thats just in case you needed to here that twice !!

#8:  Author: BombardierLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:17 am
    —
Trust an Aussie to kick you while you're down! Wink

Many thanks for all your advice, I'll give it a bash.

I'll be making the leap into online gaming soon, hope to bump into you all on Gamespy.

Ta,

Bombardier Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1