Photo's needed
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

#1: Photo's needed Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:56 pm
    —
Hey guys,

We are looking for pictures made on the western front in the periode of september 1944 untill april 1945. Concerning the british/Scottish/Canadian/ US armoured and infantry forces (tanks, infantry, anti tank/ anti aircraft/ field artillery, paratroops, glider forces and royal marine and army commando's) Also we are looking for pictures of German SS, Wehrmacht and Fallschirmjager troops and vehicles and guns. Main intrest goes ofcourse to pictures made with the Netherlands or concerning the operations in the Scheldt region or Operation Market Garden.

Hope You can help us in large quantity's

Cheers Buck

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 pm
    —
http://rapidshare.com/files/7657519/c15ta_02_1.jpg
photo shows an GM C15TA armoured trucks loading an element of Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (RHLI) in late October, 1944 on the east side of the Scheldt Estuary.

have to check for more...

#3:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:20 am
    —
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

three ive got from market garden

#4:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:00 pm
    —
Blackstump wrote:

three ive got from market garden

Hey Blackstump,

Thnx for your picture's. Alltough these world famous ones are allready in my possesion. Thnx for trying to help us out, if you find any more please post them.

Cheers Buck

#5:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:51 pm
    —
Ok Buck heres what I got in terms of British and German Paratroopers. Dont know how userful some of them are but, hope it helps. All the photos are from the OMG time frame and area except the quad 2cm gun. I have more photos of both, but they are not in the Arnhem area.

British Glider troops, waiting to move of the LZ in the Arnhem area. Note the guy with the Radio.

British officer with a captured german NCO, Arnhem area.

Don't know how useful but a British Par. Photo taken in Arnhem proper by a dutch civilian.

German FJ looking at Waco glider in the Nijmegen area.

German FJ probabley from the 6th FJ Divison marching from Moot towards Nijmegen.

Same group of FJ.

Again same group of FJ.

Wounded FJ near Nijmegen area.

FJ with Captured .30 Cal MG near Nijmegen area.

FJ with quad 2cm gun, area not known. Probably France.

FJ near Nijmegen, note the first guy on the right has a telephone reel on his back.

For now thats all.

Last edited by Nembo on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#6:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:15 pm
    —
Nembo wrote:
Ok Buck heres what I got in terms of British and German Paratroopers. Dont know how userful some of them are but, hope it helps. All the photos are from the OMG time frame and area except the quad 2cm gun. I have more photos of both, but they are not in the Arnhem area.

FJ near Nijmegen, note the first guy on the right has a telephone reel on his back.

For now thats all.[/list]

Hey Nembo,

Nice photo's some of wich i never have seen before Very Happy cool work keep up Very Happy

Cheers buck

#7:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:46 am
    —
im sure youve seen this site before buck but here it is anyway. it has the most comprehensive amount of pictures iv seen but most if not all are copywright

http://defendingarnhem.com/

#8: here is another site for pics buck.these are d/lable Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:35 am
    —
http://www.pegasusarchive.org/arnhem/frames.htm

#9:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:45 am
    —
Buck, which photos are new to you?

Also what books do you have already?

#10:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:18 pm
    —
Nembo wrote:
Buck, which photos are new to you?

Also what books do you have already?

Hey Nembo,

I dont have my list of books present here. i will put it online in a seperate source thread to show you guys what i'm using for source's hope you can wait for 7 days... will put somethings online wich i remember from the head Wink

Cheers Buck

#11:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 pm
    —
Well in the mean time heres one more photo.

The men are supposedly of the 101st in the Eindhoven area.

#12:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:16 pm
    —
Nembo wrote:
Well in the mean time heres one more photo.

The men are supposedly of the 101st in the Eindhoven area.

Nice one Very Happy dont u have any photo of glider or airlanding infantry?

Cheers Buck

#13:  Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:05 am
    —
I have seen this picture before and I remember the caption, that said that it was taken in Nijmegen. Actually not far from where I live , in the 'Oranjesingel' street. By the looks of it this is very well possible. The soldiers might have been from 82nd Airborne.

#14:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:18 pm
    —
Pete wrote:
I have seen this picture before and I remember the caption, that said that it was taken in Nijmegen. Actually not far from where I live , in the 'Oranjesingel' street. By the looks of it this is very well possible. The soldiers might have been from 82nd Airborne.

Ah, thanks for the info Pete. The photo was captioned as 101st soldiers in Nijmegen, so I figured somebody had mixed up the place names.

Polish Paratroopers with a 68P Radio.

Polish officers along with officers of the 43rd Divison, at Polish 1st Brigade HQ near Driel.

Polish paratroopers man handel a 6pdr Anti Tank gun.

US Glider Infantry of the 327th Regiment of the 101st AB Divison look over wreckage at a LZ near son on September 18th.

101st AB Soldiers watch British transports burning along a strech of "Hells Highway" north of Endihoven on September 20th.

This is realy all I have for US Airborne.

What commanders are you still looking for?

#15: Re: Photo's needed Author: MFG-495Location: Cambridgeshire PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 am
    —
Here are some aerial recce images, are they of any help?

http://www.airrecce.co.uk/WW2/imagery/ww2_imagery.html

Part of my website, i'm working on German reconnaissance imagery of Russia, once I have completed it, I will post a link.

#16: Re: Photo's needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm
    —
Nice looking site... good luck.

#17: Re: Photo's needed Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:31 am
    —

across the Nijmegen bridge, passing by some dead Germans

Obergruppenführer "Willy" Bittrich

left to right:
Model, Bittrich, Knaust and Harmel

gotta scan a few more and will post them later

#18: Re: Photo's needed Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 am
    —
In case you hadn't thought of it there are a number of full documentaries on Youtube in relation to operation varsity with original footage

#19: Re: Photo's needed Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm
    —

#20: Re: Photo's needed Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:23 pm
    —

Germans in Arnhem during the combat with Red Devils

up - Red Devils captured in Arnhem
down - W-SS troops near Utrecht

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1