The 15min Break - How hard can we make the solo game?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: The 15min Break - How hard can we make the solo game? Author: HerrGothicLocation: Seattle PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:22 pm
    —
How hard can we make this game? No matter what I do I just can't get the the A.I. player to win a map. Did the game designers actually decided that the human player will never loose? Each attempt I make I set something that is supposed to make the game more difficult.

Here are some examples:
GJS GC, set the slider in favor of the allies, vet mod, deleted all my non motorized infantry companies every turn they show up, and only play with 5 teams. The A.I. player still cant take a map. (using GJSv44 German Vetmod)

I also started SDK with all the hardests settings plus the vet mod, and I just take the default units in every battle, and the A.I. player still can't take the map. (using SDK GerVetmod)

Is it just me or does this game really suck in single player?

I have noticed that a lot of players here turn off moral. Why? It is the only way I can actually get the A.I. to take some victory locations.

What does the vet mods do? I havn't noticed anything.

I must admit I havnt tried playing VetBOB yet, but I have played a dozen of the other mods. I am moving to this one next.

HerrGothic

#2:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:34 pm
    —
VetBoB took the vet mods one step further, as saying 'well the A.I. sucks even with modified SAI, so let's give every team an enhanced Panzerschreck, 2 MG 42 and they will be 10 men strong'.

I guarantee you will lose at least 2 maps the first day of the campaign. This is for CC4 though, the CC5 version I havn't tried yet but I doubt would be as difficult as the cc4 one.

#3:  Author: HerrGothicLocation: Seattle PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:26 pm
    —
What would the difference be between CC4 and CC5 then?

#4:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:34 pm
    —
Quote:
What would the difference be between CC4 and CC5 then

CC4 NO possibility to select units in BG
CC5 possibility to select units in BG

#5:  Author: HerrGothicLocation: Seattle PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:51 pm
    —
bambam887 wrote:
possibility to select units in BG
CC5 possibility to select units in BG

So you are telling me that cc5 should be harder?

#6:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:22 am
    —
Well I think it depends on how you look at it.

You could say the CC5 version will be harder because you have the possibility to deselect units for your own, but on the other hand with the CC4 version you hardly get complete BG's the first days anyway, and the ones that are mostly complete are filled with crappy units and besides, the Force pool dinamics works better with the CC4 system of Auto-assigning units.

#7:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:49 pm
    —
Ok here i go

To play against IA and make it powerfull ....

1= Close one eye.
2= Close two eyes.
3= Use your wrong hand to handle the mouse.
4= Play with your feets.
5= Dont play after pressing begin.

#8:  Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:11 pm
    —
ZAPPI4 wrote:
Ok here i go

To play against IA and make it powerfull ....

1= Close one eye.
2= Close two eyes.
3= Use your wrong hand to handle the mouse.
4= Play with your feets.
5= Dont play after pressing begin.

best advice yet.
Another alternative is to look at it like modern armies do - casualty prevention/mission completion, and not withstanding enemy assault.

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:17 am
    —
Play using keyboard only.

#10:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:30 am
    —
mooxe wrote:
Play using keyboard only.

Is it possible to dispense with the mouse altogether?

#11:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:41 am
    —
Sure, you have all hotkey to use ( n,b,v,c,.....) and the arrows to move the screen ...

#12:  Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 pm
    —
Kanovskiy wrote:
VetBoB took the vet mods one step further, as saying 'well the A.I. sucks even with modified SAI, so let's give every team an enhanced Panzerschreck, 2 MG 42 and they will be 10 men strong'.

I guarantee you will lose at least 2 maps the first day of the campaign. This is for CC4 though, the CC5 version I havn't tried yet but I doubt would be as difficult as the cc4 one.

Hey buddy.
Look ill be frank.

YOU WILL NOT GET A HARD AI FIGHT IN CC5!!!!!!!!!
Ok
If you want a hard AI fight play Any close combat game online. Vsing a human player.
Or get CC2. CC2 is hard. Folowed cc3. (not as hard)
The 3rd dumest is is CC4
BUT!!!!
If you get CC4 and install vetmod. It will be nice and hard.
But cc5 Ai is stupid. Evan with a vet mod.
lol
-Antony

#13:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 pm
    —
ZAPPI4 wrote:
Sure, you have all hotkey to use ( n,b,v,c,.....) and the arrows to move the screen ...

How would you select a team using this system?

#14:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:29 pm
    —
Dear Talorgan ... Rolling Eyes

Look at the title of the topic ... :hitler

U cannot select any team by using the keyboard, you can only command them .... :Cool

Then, it's the only way to make IA stronger Very Happy

#15:  Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:10 pm
    —
Or make a mod with less tanks or less powerful tanks, like KHALKIN GOL or Winter War. Of course, an experienced player will win versus the AI, yet it won't be an easy ride.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1