Mafi's afrika "stand alone install"
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Mafi's afrika "stand alone install" Author: Homba PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 am
    —
What does stand alone install mean? (fingers crossed!)

Can I just DL this and install anywhere and play? Does it have to have the cc2 disc to start up?

For multiplayer, what is required, both user just start up and join?

Thanks for your work on this Mafi.

H

#2: CC2 Afrika Mod Install for PC version Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:49 am
    —
Hello Homba,
Merry Christmas first of all!

Just Dwnld the ZIP, it contains a complete mod install. Klick on the CC2.exe inside this folder and I think it might ask for the CD (or should I say it is supposed to do so, I must make a check first ...) The HLP-management system is not modified and therefore not included. The ZIP gives you the ability to have a second CC2 folder on your disk, so it will not disturb your original install. And you will not need to download others ZIPs. Thanks to Mooxe for setting up the BIG ZIP!

No reports about LAN/TCP play of this mod available.

Mafi

#3:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:03 pm
    —
Yes you need the CD.

I've played ToghisD at muliplayer, and all went well (except the fact I lost ). Very Happy

#4: Re: CC2 Afrika Mod Install for PC version Author: Homba PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:44 am
    —
Mafi wrote:
Hello Homba,
Merry Christmas first of all!

Just Dwnld the ZIP, it contains a complete mod install. Klick on the CC2.exe inside this folder and I think it might ask for the CD (or should I say it is supposed to do so, I must make a check first ...) The HLP-management system is not modified and therefore not included. The ZIP gives you the ability to have a second CC2 folder on your disk, so it will not disturb your original install. And you will not need to download others ZIPs. Thanks to Mooxe for setting up the BIG ZIP!

No reports about LAN/TCP play of this mod available.

Mafi

Thanks! That is truely accessible!!!

Tell me, what is an advisable directory configuration?

I have my CC2 in the default directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far

So I should create a new folder named ? (is the directory name important?), and does it need to be in the same directory path?

When I go to play Afrika, do I rename my original install directory for CC2 (for example "original_A Bridge Too Far", while Afrika runs in "A Bridge Too Far", and then switch directory names when I want to play the original install?

Thanks, I hope I was clear enough.

Homba

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:02 am
    —
H,

You can unzip it to any folder, named anything. Make a shortcut to the EXE file on your desktop afterwards. Do not make any changes to your other install. This mod runs totally separate from your main CC2 install.

#6: Re: CC2 Afrika Mod Install for PC version Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:29 pm
    —
Homba wrote:
When I go to play Afrika, do I rename my original install directory for CC2 (for example "original_A Bridge Too Far", while Afrika runs in "A Bridge Too Far", and then switch directory names when I want to play the original install?

Yes thats what I do, and I know for fact thats what TogishD does also.

#7:  Author: Homba PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:22 am
    —
Thanks.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1