Run CC on 2 VMware virtual PC's Alternative to windowed Mode
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Run CC on 2 VMware virtual PC's Alternative to windowed Mode Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:34 pm
    —
(Edit: Found alternative, use vmware server to create a virtual pc, run and install close combat, and presto windowed verison of cc)

Does any know how to force any of the CC games to run in windowed mode?
For example - If i set the res on cc5 to 1024x768 and my current desktop resolution is 1920x1200 - when I run the game in windowed mode the game only runs at at 1024x768 within my desktop and not full screen

Last edited by arkturas on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:48 pm
    —
I have tried running the executable with the -w switch, but this has not helped. Ive also tried CTRL + ENTER

#3: hmmmm Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:08 pm
    —
in 10 years of CC i have never seen, heard, or really tried this with exception of CC1. it was able to do this.

i believe windows vista enables such tasks.

#4:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:17 am
    —
Vista (Ultimate & Enterprise Edition) will come bundled with MS Virtual PC -we use VMware, runs on cut down version of the red hat kernel.

I’ve found VMware server (free download) - open source.

#5:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:20 am
    —
Main dekstop is set to 1920x1200 the two smaller screens are 2 virtual copies of windows XP, they are running at 1024x768

#6:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:27 am
    —
The application of this is potentially huge,
If you wanted you could run any virtual os, Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000...xp.
Because the network between the guests (virtual OS) and the hosts are bridged - meaning the host creates a virtual private network between the virtual pc and the physical pc you can play against yourself

#7:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 am
    —
Lol, here is a quick game vs myself

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:23 am
    —
I tried VMWare. I could not get it running.

#9:  Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:32 am
    —
Mooxe, what version were/are you using the version currently available for download supports a larger hardware database.

Believe it or not even when running both games at the same time the clarification of sound is flawless, my sound card produces a chaotic chorus of wounded men for both instances.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1