Props and questions:
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Props and questions: Author: saminskip PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 am
    —
G'day lads.

I just had my first crack at mods for CCV, and so far I'm loving GJS. So props on a great mod.

The second thing, the question, is I played one map of it, and quickly realised it suffered from the same problems as original (not really challenging) so I downloaded the vetmod.

Now, I replaced all the files in the vetmod with the original ones that came with GJS, which is how I assume it is installed (since I failed to find any installation instructions).

I just played the second map now, and while it looked like their was alot more Germans, I'm not quite sure if thats just the mod or if that is because of the vetmod.

So, what does the vetmod do? and Did I install it correctly?

Does it make the game drastically harder?

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:07 am
    —
Make sure you install the right vetmod...eg: if you're playing German versus Allied AI, then install the German Vetmod.
Besides changing the SAI to make AI more aggressive (like coding Infantry as Vehicles), vetmods usually change the number of soldiers in the squads (ie: 10 man command teams, 10 man recon teams, 10 man MG teams). Sometimes the number of support weapons is also increased...so a vetmod boosted HMG team might now be 10 man strong and carry 3 MG42s. The same with AT teams. There's even sharpshooter squads, a whole bunch of snipers.

Realism setting is also important if you want to have a good fight against the AI.
From my experience if you're attacking and the AI is defending...give the AI all the advantage and enable (for the AI) "Always See The Enemy", "Never Act On Initiative", "Always Have Full Info", "Always Obey Orders".

"Always See The Enemy" will make the AI defend better...but this will usually lead to the AI bombarding your guns early in the game with arty or mortar.

If you're defending against an attacking AI...I prefer to give the AI "Full Info" and "Obey Orders"...and turn off "Always See" and "Never Act On Initiative".
From my experience, if the "Always See" option is turned on the AI will just avoid ambushes (what's the fun in defending if you can't setup ambushes!), the AI will also tend to just make probing attacks instead of rushing for the VLs. Turning on "Never Act On Initiative" will tend to make the AI more passive.

#3:  Author: saminskip PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:51 am
    —
Thanks for the help.

So I just disbanded the Germans on Sword Beach with two deaths and no injuries.

I'm assuming that means I didn't install the vetmod correctly. I had a look at the German BG afterwards and it was normal sized. 3man MG teams ect.

I was careful to make sure I installed the right vetmod. I'm playing an allied GC, so I installed the Allied vetmod.

I'm convinced I haven't installed it right, since BOTH sides (allied AND german) have the standard BGs. None of this 10man squads which I like the sound of.

So, where can I find instructions to installing? Currently I just extracted the vetmod files for allies into the Data\Base folder, and overwrote the files in there.

I assumed this was right, cause the files in the vetmod are the same as the ones in Data\Base.

Any help?

Thanks for the quick answer.

#4:  Author: saminskip PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:53 am
    —
Just having a quick look, in a normal battle it looks like the vetmod is working.
Very large mortar team ect.

I think my problem is that I had installed the vetmod AFTER I started the GC, and the game doesn't update the battlegroups already in the game.

Thanks for the help mate. I got it Smile

#5:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:13 am
    —
saminskip if you want a real challenge join gamespy at the top of the page and play some h2h ,... im always up for a GJS gc

#6:  Author: saminskip PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:39 am
    —
Would love to. Have tried many a time.

Of course, my router (both at work and home) disagree.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1