Can't play, reinstall or do anything with CC5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Can't play, reinstall or do anything with CC5 Author: spud PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:57 pm
    —
Hi
Is anyone able to help me?
I went to uninstall CC5 so I could install the full version for GJS however stopped after a few sec because I thought I made a mistake. I am now unable to uninstall CC5 using the option in the program menu I get an "error extracting support file" message. I can't use windows to uninstall/remove the program as I get an "error extracting support file" message as well. I am also unable to play CC5 I get a "CC string error" message. When I insert the CD and get the option to play or install etc I am unable to get any further than this window as the computer freezes on any of the options. I am also unable to explore the CD using windows explore; the computer just constantly reads the CD without any result. I tried a system restore option without any success.
I am running XP Pro and I have CC5 running in win 98 Compatibility. I am pretty sure that I am missing some files but I done know which ones and can't get them off the CD.
If anyone can help that would be great,
Thanks for you help

Spud

#2:  Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:09 pm
    —
First disable the auto run !!
Then install the patch that you can get here @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=997

If you get some more errors, use the 98 compatiblity available on XP
Note that you can also disable Direct Draw see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195480

I hope that it brings you some help !!

#3: thanks Author: spud PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:14 pm
    —
Hi
I tried all that but still no joy. I think I will have to reformat my computor to get it to work again, which I am not to in a great hurry to do. Thanks for your help and advice.
Have a Happy New Year

Cheers Spud

#4:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:41 am
    —
I think there is a solution to your problem, I think it was given in the past by Senior Drill.
Need to look for it

#5:  Author: Destraex PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:06 pm
    —
I had an uninstall problem from a screwed up install and this enabled me to install the game again and so may help you.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

Browse to the link above in regedit and search for CC5

It should find the below key which you should delete (export it first so that if I am wrong you can add it again)

{66545400-DEF6-11D3-A09A-00E02919016C

Hope this helps as it forces windows to see the program as a new one

My original problem was the game would try to uninstall itself but not do it and go straight to the finished screen. Every time I clicked on install the game wanted to remove itself no matter how many times I tried.

regards,
Dex

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1