Playin CC, Bridge too far on laptop. Not working!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Playin CC, Bridge too far on laptop. Not working!! Author: RfnBane PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:36 pm
    —
I installed CC2 Bridge too far onto my laptop and when i try to open it i get the error message 'Cannot open file for streaming'... my laptop has windows XP on it and all the system specs are easily enough to run the game. I'm no good at understanding this stuff can someone please help me? if there is a download or patch to make it work I'd appreciate very much. Danke schon yall

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:45 pm
    —
try compatibility mode (right click on cc2.exe) then set win 95 or 98 ...
should work...

#3:  Author: RfnBane PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:10 pm
    —
Nice idea. unfortunatly it didnt work Sad It works fine on my pc with windows XP on it. it just keeps saying 'unable to open file for streaming' when i open, i tried running it in 256 colours and disabling all the extra options on that compatibility window. i don't know if i can change anything to make it work. dont even know what streaming is?!

#4:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:13 pm
    —
This is strange, all I can think of is try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

#5:  Author: DarkKnightLocation: Where the sea breeze sways the palm trees... PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:19 am
    —
Yeah I agree, try reinstalling it. If you did a Full install last time (with videos, etc) then maybe try the typical or smaller install this time, or vice versa. Never heard of this prob before tho, so good luck.

#6:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:29 am
    —
Oh for fucks sake with you. Read the damn Manual first and after that the FAQ. Read them both and you'll understand, that what is the problem. Help yourself, that's what i do.

#7:  Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:02 am
    —
Try this:

Hold control when starting up the game. The options dialogue should show up "Disable videos". Hit ok. Start the game.

#8:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:42 pm
    —
Never thought it might be the movies.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1