Modding tools and XP?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Modding tools and XP? Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:11 pm
    —
What is needed to make the BG editor and the Qclone run on a new computer? I have the virtual Java machine but the thing loads only CC3 txt files (which I can edit without it).

And has anyone else had a problem with the scrolling speed getting too fast, even if set slow?

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 pm
    —
If you have virtual Java machine installed, QClone and BGEdit should work.
As for the fast scrolling probs...yup...go to the Technical Support forum for some tips on fixing this...but for machines with high-end graphic cards the best fix might be getting used to using the keyboards keypad to get around the map.

#3:  Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:12 am
    —
If it still does not, what could the reason be? need an older version instead of the latest one?

it is common with programs that there is a fix for every problem except the one we have here and now:(

The BG editor for CC5 also does something strange: although it says the program can edit EITHER adb OR txt file, and adb files are chosen in the Options, the program looks for AlsTeams.txt file, something that as far as I know does not exist in CC5! After the command "Continue" nothing happens.

#4:  Author: kwp PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:42 am
    —
Do you have .NET installed? Here's the readme.txt. The link for .net is as old as the readme so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

BGEdit
by Zeppo

Installation:
BGEdit requires no special install or uninstall program. Simply unzip the contents into a dedicated folder and launch the application BGEditIV (CC4) or BGEditV (CC5).

Requirements:
1) Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. It can be downloaded (5 MB download) at:
http://www.microsoft.com/java/vm/dl_vm40.htm

2) Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable. It can be downloaded (20 MB download) at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml

3) Internet Explorer version 5.01 or later

4) The computer display must support a resolution of 1024X768 or higher (800X600 is too small).

Documentation:
Documentation for BGEdit can be found by accessing the Help menu in the application or by doubleclicking the file BGEdit.htm.

#5:  Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:53 am
    —
I have both and the editor starts, but when I load the adb files it stops and requests AlsTeams.txt, something that does not exist in CC5?

#6:  Author: kwp PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 am
    —
If you are using BGEditV12 you should have a temp folder inside the BGEditV12 folder. Inside the temp folder should be 4 files:

AlsTeams.txt
BGroups.txt
FPools.txt
GETeams.txt

#7:  Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 am
    —
There is GETeams.txt in the CC5 Data\Base folder but not the other three files in .txt format?

#8:  Author: kwp PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 am
    —
Don't know where you got the editor from but I suspect it was either missing files to begin with or it was corrupted during the dl or it didn't unzip properly.

I would try reinstalling it and if that doesn't work try another download.

#9:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:16 am
    —
You can try making your own txt files from the adb files. Save as tab-delimited txt files in Excel.

#10:  Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 pm
    —
Finally got it working.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1