Those Matildas
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

#1: Those Matildas Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:41 pm
    —
were driving me crazy, so tough to kill with my puny Italian army!

I just did the SP "Italians invade Egypt" campaign, and the Matildas made mince meat out of me... Smile.
Slow attrition warfare, and a lot (A LOT, hundreds and hundreds Rolling Eyes) of mortar rounds and barrages took them out, most often just damaging them. If only noise could kill... Razz

I just remembered the Libyan big caliber gun however, can that do the trick?

Anyway, had a lot of fun in the campaign. Thanks.

#2:  Author: Qracle PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:02 pm
    —
I just got the mod, and have been playing as the ally's

Holy crap those matildas make things one sided

5 consecutive battles, and all kills done by my side were done by 2 matildas and an anti tank gun.

The only thing the troops have done have taken and held VLs

#3:  Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:43 am
    —
H2H dont get any better either...http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12487

#4:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:43 am
    —
all my front line Hussar units do not have Matildas except for my day 2 reinforcements -- one unit has Matildas.

I have to ask: what's with the italian AT guns? That 47/32 canonne is virtually impossible to destroy -- I had 2 teams of 3in mortars and a team of FO observers raining shell after shell and could only kill 2 of 4 crew members. This is a common occurance on any map so the guns are just working my allied recce units over.
I basically hide all my Daimlers and Humbers or send them on suicide runs to grab far-off VPs.

#5:  Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm
    —
My 2 historical (at that front) indestructible Mathilda's were destroyed by M13's as soon as they showed their faces. My Daimlers are the ones destroying the enemy armor with their 2pdr's.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1