Battle of the Hurtgen-Forest
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Battle of the Hurtgen-Forest Author: ChrixLocation: Osnabrueck; Germany PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:59 pm
    —
Hello there
Has anyone of you ever heard of "The Battle of the Hurtgen Forest"? ---

I think this would be another great mod for cc5 -series. Last christmas was my short journey to this forest, villages and the nearby "westwall". Firstly I heard of this battle in the movie "When Trumpets Fade". It surprised me how long this battle took place- September 44' to February 45'.
... but you should read the short story by yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Hurtgen_Forest

#2:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:54 pm
    —
I would love a Hurtguen forest Mod!!!

#3:  Author: Qracle PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:44 am
    —
That's awesome
I hope that It gets worked on (and then I can find people to play against)

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:56 am
    —
Yes! Another in a long list of interesting campaigns/battles waiting to be modded. The CC Series will live forever! Very Happy

#5: awsome! Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:47 am
    —
I just played the 'ARDENN TO HURTGEN' sub mod of Western front v10(CoI) and its a killer mod!

all cciv or styled maps, massive king tigers,jagdtigers and even odd sturmtiger coming against my poorly trained US soldiers, i defended with 57mm atg, 3"atg, spitwads(bazookas) and .50 HMG's. could not afford infantry(ccIII allows approx 200points per day) and the massive pre artillery barrage gets 10 to 20% of me gear in 2 minutes....pure hell....but i held on 12 days over 6 maps, always slowly retreating, using crossfire, true close combat...evengrenades immobiled a jagdtiger! was Command team with a satchell i think...

#6:  Author: ll_Alexis_llLocation: Paris, France PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:21 pm
    —
@Tack : Thanks for the tip : Hurtgen sub mod is soooo good
The harder the greater ! Very Happy
Great Thanks to the creator of this mod.

First time im happy to have bought COI: thanks to the command center it is now very easy to access to the mod u want (on CSO site), and mod swap utility is a bless.

#7:  Author: ChrixLocation: Osnabrueck; Germany PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:06 pm
    —
I would like to create this mod- but it would take such a long time without any experience or help from other modding teams.
In fact (I believe) I'am the only person in my town how's interested in CC or even to MAKE a mod. This should be a 'thougt impact' for other modders.

But this mod would be my favorite Very Happy
due to my trip to this battleground, the Kall Trail, Mestringer Mill, village of Schmidt... this battle was bigger than the whole Normandy-Operation. Unfortunately this battle was forgotten cause of the following 'Battle of the Bulge'... too bad!

http://www.hurtgen1944.homestead.com/Index.html

#8:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:02 pm
    —
Chrix wrote:
I'am the only person in my town how's interested in CC or even to MAKE a mod

I suspect that we are all in the same boat on that one, so don't be disheartened. The thing about modding is to try small changes first. Footer and tinker with the edges and gradually your confidence and ability will grow.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1