[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1:  Author: Qracle PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:36 pm
    —
Hence why you attempt to avoid any and all head on collisions

The pig-nose pic made me squamish

#2:  Author: Hedges13Location: USA PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:44 am
    —
that is some rough- trash, note to self - don't buy a smat car.

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:45 am
    —
im guessing the airbag failed to deploy?

#4:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:26 am
    —
"Ouch!"

#5:  Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
    —
This topic is well suited for "the Mess"...

Damn, but then again, most vehicles colliding head-on with that truck would be seriously damaged and cause fatalities.

#6:  Author: dillydallyLocation: Arizona USA PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:50 pm
    —
Why post this? I dont get it... Leave this crap for rotten.com

#7:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:02 pm
    —
Yeah I agree, whats the purpose of watching car crash victims? I just dont see the purpose of posting this, but i guess your just stirring the cauldron, mooxe.

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:27 pm
    —
Today at work we discussed this. Would a larger car of done less damage to the truck? It would of been able to hit the front more squarely, and the truck could of used its entire grill to deflect the impact. Where as the Smart Car hit the bottom of the front bumper and went underneath causing alot of damage to the engine and compartment.

#9:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 pm
    —
I am a truck driver and ill tell you now ANY car barring an SUV will go under the truck regardless unless they are VERY lucky. I have actualyy seen a sedan lodged up between the rear of a truck cabin and the trailer. And I agree with the non posting of these things. I know we dont have to look at them but I am affected by them just thinking about it.

#10:  Author: jager15 PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:11 pm
    —
where'd ya get that pic from mooxe? I can clearly see it's from Brazil, most precisely Sao Paulo, as you can see in the police car. And yeah, shit like that happens all the time here, big deal, not that impressive IMO

#11:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:17 pm
    —
Wow ,That guy torned apart ,Never seen such a scene in real life Shocked It's the nastiest post I have ever seen from ya MOOXE ! How can I sleep tonight Wink

#12:  Author: offog PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:32 pm
    —
A national car show did an experiment on a head on slightly off set, both cars hitting half way on. One was an Espace the other an SUV (range rover I think). The SUV came off worse. SUV are not that user friendly inside or out.

It looks like this was high speed both doing 50mph (100 mph impact) with no skid marks from the Smart and a loaded truck with momentum. From the second photo it would seem that the impact was 3-4m before, possibly more, from the place they came to rest. Even if it had not gone underneath the engine would be in the back of the car. We had one a week ago when a tow truck went into the back of another truck. The passengers from the broken down vehicle that the tow truck was pulling were in the cab. Six died one survived with fractures. Hit a solid object at speed and it matters not what you are in, it is going to hurt.

#13:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:31 pm
    —
You should have had atleast the common courtesy to blur out the fellows face.
But then again you are" Mooxe" a self centered ass hole

And I agree Rotten.com is better for this not CC.

#14:  Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:07 pm
    —
Geeez... this shit should not be distributed at all. Neither on rotten.com nor elsewhere...

For the sake of that poor guy I ask you to delete this thread Mooxe.

#15:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:28 pm
    —
I don't believe that people should be subject to this sort of thing around here. There's plenty of places on the net for that already.

#16:  Author: Pzt_CoyoteLocation: Zwolle, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:10 pm
    —
Agreed, show some respect for the dead. I bet you wouldn't appreciate it if someone posted a picture of the dead body of a loved one, friend, family, whatever, all over the internet.

#17:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Today at work we discussed this. Would a larger car of done less damage to the truck? It would of been able to hit the front more squarely, and the truck could of used its entire grill to deflect the impact. Where as the Smart Car hit the bottom of the front bumper and went underneath causing alot of damage to the engine and compartment.

I agree that a bigger car would survive quite more than that one. But actually its all about speed. Driving with a BMW 7 series and 60 miles frontal on a truck is surviveable. I saw a BMW 7 smashing against a bridge pillar with aprox. 200 km/h... no technology in the world can save you from collision result on that speed levels.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1