Installation Problems
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Installation Problems Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:40 am
    —
when i was installing close combat 5 to my computer, at about 78%, it would display this message and then exit out of the installation.

Component: Maps
File Group: Maps
File: D:\Data\Maps\Varmsml.bgm
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

can anyone help me or an i doomed to buy another copy of CC5?

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:52 am
    —
DL it off the internet. It's legal as you have the original copy, and morally right.

#3:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:18 pm
    —
but where would i find a download for CC5

#4: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:34 am
    —
lol ur literally doomed to buy another copy of CC5.
or figure out how copied games are installed :0

#5:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:44 am
    —
Quote:
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

that is definitley a scan error. I would suggest maybe try cleaning your CD drive first and maybe try your disk in a different drive. If that doesn't make a difference, you could try cleaning the CD with something that is alcohol based and wipe it clean with a SOFT cloth........silk is ideal..........

Good luck

#6:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:15 pm
    —
yukongold wrote:
Quote:

that is definitley a scan error. I would suggest maybe try cleaning your CD drive first and maybe try your disk in a different drive. If that doesn't make a difference, you could try cleaning the CD with something that is alcohol based and wipe it clean with a SOFT cloth........silk is ideal..........

Good luck

thank you, that worked. there was something covering the edge of the disc.

#7:  Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:27 pm
    —
king_tiger_tank wrote:
yukongold wrote:
Quote:

Good luck

thank you, that worked. there was something covering the edge of the disc.

Now that it works again it would be a good idea to make a backup copy of the CD... Wink

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1