How to change gun crews to obey orders
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: How to change gun crews to obey orders Author: MorgTzu PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:31 pm
    —
Confused

Long time lurker. I did a search like I should and saw the debate and a mention of regxtra doing it, but not what im after.

Im just tired of my gun crews (im playing Karelia2 currently...wondeful mod!) that have racked up the kills getting busted and then sitting on there ruined guns waiting for the arty to fall on them Shocked . Don't want to cheat with them and steal vl's, just want to send them somewhwere safe. I know I need to edit a file, just afraid to go mucking about. ANYone?

This just for single player. Thanks for comments ahead of time.

#2:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 pm
    —
Ok I didnt play that many of the mods out there, so I dont know if it maybe is already fixed somewhere, but I always assumed this wasnt modable as no one did on any mod I tried? I mean if it WAS possible for gun crews to obey orders it would aldready have been implemented.

#3:  Author: MorgTzu PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 pm
    —
It was done in the regxtra mod...but i'm not sure how...it seems there is a tag in one of the files that designates the gun crew as an ai only controlled team. I believe every file in cc has been taken apart in total by the modding community and feel someone can point me in the right direction.

#4:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:49 am
    —
Lord4War done it in RegXtra so he would be the one to ask , pretty sure they were made as command teams..

#5:  Author: MorgTzu PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:35 pm
    —
Yep...I did some more searching and figured it out.

AN EVENING WITH QClone:

It's a wonderful tool found in downloads. It's intuitive and easy to use.

1. I first made sure the mod I wanted to mod was loaded up in the plugin manager. In this case I used Karelia2.

2. Then I went into my /ssi/invasion normandy/data/base and made a folder called Backups, then a subfolder called Karelia and copied into it geteams.adb.

3. Then opened up QClone and loaded geteams.adb and looked for the column saiunits. After looking at what the numbers meant in the tooltip (I think 14,15,16 are at guns for example) I found each one of those and changed them to 4 (AT team). I also found all vehicles 8-14 (if i remember correctly) and changed them to 19 for command tank.

4. Hit the button that saved and packed and clicked yes when it warned me I was overwriting ('cause I made a backup) and closed QClone.

5. Tested and yep, now I can get my crews out of the way and to safety when the gun or tank is destroyed. As an aside, it was really fun to have 8 ATG's on the screen at once...never done that before.. Very Happy

Hope this helps someone else. I'm writing this from memory..so pay attention to the details if you try this.

May your lines be straight and your battles decisive

#6:  Author: MorgTzu PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:27 pm
    —
Just wanted to add for those that may be trying this for the first time....when I changed this (and to reiterate: make a backup of every file you modify) I changed it in every mod in the mod swapper files that I wanted to have this change...if you change it only in the current mod, it will revert when you switch to another mod.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1