Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Best Movie Songs Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:15 am
    —
Movie - Scene - Song

Braveheart - Battle of Stirling - Battle of Stirling

I think they used this song as the Braveheart anthem. Very stirring score that brings our the true emotions of the movie.

Emperor of The Sun - Jim, reunited with his parents. - The music
playing in the soundtrack during that scene is from the The Ambrosian
Boys Choir, "[url=http://www.closecombatseries.net/screenshots/mooxe/Ambrosian%20Boys%20Choir%20-%20Suo%20Gan%20-%20A%20Welsh%20Lullaby%20(Empire%20Of%20The%20Sun).mp3]Suo Gan - A Welsh Lullaby[/url]."

#2:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:17 am
    —
55 days in Peking..

#3:  Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:40 pm
    —
Well my favourites comes from my favourite WW2 films.
1. all the music from Saving private Ryan
2.would be A Bridge To Far

and some more, but this is the best.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm
    —
I bought the soundtrack to SPR in 1998. Very smooth, deep, relaxing. I listen to it often.

#5:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:07 pm
    —
Dracula of 1992 has a great, scary soundtrack. Memorable, I usually forget about the music. I liked the LOTR soundtrack tho altho it was quite cheesy at times.......

#6:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:39 am
    —
my favorite sountracks

1. Lock Stock and Two smokin barrels

2. Snatch

3. Fight club

#7:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:36 am
    —
Apocalypsys now - Atacking the village - Ride of the valkyries

Exlent scen with exelent choise of soundtrack

#8:  Author: God4SakenLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:00 am
    —
Hey! You blokes are all forgetting the "Panzerlied" which was sung in the 1965 movie "Battle of the Bulge" by British actor Robert Shaw and his panzer colleagues. That was a heart-stirring song. You almost felt like dressing up in black, getting your mother to drive the family car down the street whislt you stood up through the sun roof with a pair of toilet-roll binoculars dangling from your neck as you pretend you're advancing across the western desert chasing the eighth army. I don't think my neighbor at the time, old Jim who fought at Tobruk, would have appreciated it though. Anyway, here you all go, watch it again and turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35wkGEnDZ6Y&mode=related&search=

#9:  Author: JohnMatrix PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 am
    —
The music to the show down at the end of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Ennio Morricone is a genius.

#10:  Author: 7A_WeeFunkLocation: Sweden West Coast PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:51 pm
    —
when the marines are singing mickey mouse in Full metal jacket

#11:  Author: Sgt_Baker PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:31 am
    —
I like the soundtrack of "Black Hawk Down" immensly. It just conveys the feelings in war, such as anger, despair, grief, hope, struggle, and sacrifice, across. But I really don't focus as much about the music as I care about the plot I'm watching, so I don't pay attention to the music.

#12: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 pm
    —
Although it is not a war-movie, I think THE BEACH from 2000 has a great soundtrack.

#13: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:31 pm
    —
Couple old classics for me..

"Burning Bridges" from "Kelly's heroes and one of the few good 'Nam movies:

"Here I Am" from "The Boys in Company C"

#14: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm
    —

Link

#15: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am
    —
Bridge to far music. The guy who made the music was in Market Garden.

The longest day music.  I love the part when they are landing on the beach and the German officer to his horror can see hundreds pf allied boats landing. Beethoven is playing.

I also love the music the Stalingrad mod Smile

#16: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:07 pm
    —
Reservoir Dogs - the hostage scene - Stuck in the middle with you.

Not exactly my favorite song, but I can NEVER listen to that song again without thinking of the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=komvFIGYBYM&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dstuck%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bmiddle%2Bwith%2Byou%2Bstealers%2Bwheel%26oq%3Dstuck%2Bin%2B%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.1.0.0l10.341.1154.0.4325.6.5.0.1.1.1.215.510.2j1j1.4.0...0.0...1ac.hTDbid2iv00&has_verified=1

#17: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am
    —
Yes God4Saken I agree the "Panzerlied" in "The Battle of The Bulge"  is the most stirring song of the lot. My brother recites it off by heart.

Your link in Youtube was broken, here is another, Hope it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CripLDmoSCg

#18: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 pm
    —
Kelly's Heros  Cool

#19: Re: Best Movie Songs Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm
    —
Not war movies but:

Last of the Mohicans (1992) has a pretty good soundtrack.

Jaws (1975) soundtrack by John Williams is a classic.

War movies:

Das Boot (1981).

The Battle of Algiers (1966).

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1