files missing my mod won't install :(
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: files missing my mod won't install :( Author: Pzt_RasalomLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 am
    —
i downloaded BoB mod. Downloaded ok. no probs

however, after trying to install using cfigmgr, error occured saying USnames.txt was missing. so i copied this file to the BoB package folder within cfgmgr. however when i tried to install again, no battles found cos original folder was empty. Mad so i had to reinstall everything..

then using cfgmgr to install again errored by saying vehicles.atb was missing...then original battles went awol again. wtf?

if anyone can help me, i would be most gracious

cos i'm hanging out to play this one after seeing real cool doco on history channel

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:36 am
    —
i had that too recently... occurs sometimes..

unpack manually... treat pln file as zip to unpack... all files must be copied into the correct folders...

make a backup of the old files somewhere else to aviod reinstall

#3:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:21 am
    —
That's going a step too far. On occasion the Configuration Manager does not fully extract all the files from the .pln to the System\Packages\<the mod> folder.

Go to the Plugins folder and change the extention of the mod from .pln to .zip and extract it to the mod's folder in System\Packages. This ensures that all the files are now there.

I learned the hard way to do this with each and every mod's .pln file and I no longer have any install or uninstall problems.

#4:  Author: Pzt_RasalomLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:44 pm
    —
sorry i've taken so long to reply.
Comp shot itself

Used your advice and voila!
No more issues
Thanks for your help

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1