Hardest single-player mod?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Hardest single-player mod? Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:32 pm
    —
I think I've played most of 'em for CC5 and so far, I'd say the DerKessel as the germans has been the toughest. What mods have you found to be the most challenging playing against the AI?

Yes, I know, nothing beats multiplayer... Rolling Eyes

#2:  Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 am
    —
Aside from the steroid-soaked 'vetmods', I'd say the toughest AI of any CC5 mod would be the Germans in Bloody Omaha.

You should check out the playing against the Jap AI in CC5 Khalkhin-Gol

Smile

#3:  Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:51 am
    —
The new hip thing to do, is to play with just one platoon and use max 1 tank while giiving the other side the best forces available. Loose the tank and your morale drops to 50%.

#4:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:24 pm
    —
Kanovskiy wrote:
The new hip thing to do, is to play with just one platoon and use max 1 tank while giiving the other side the best forces available. Loose the tank and your morale drops to 50%.

Hi,

Maybe you are (just a) little excessive!

Cheers
PJ

#5: Re: Hardest single-player mod? Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:28 pm
    —
gravyface wrote:
I think I've played most of 'em for CC5 and so far, I'd say the DerKessel as the germans has been the toughest. What mods have you found to be the most challenging playing against the AI?

Hi,

Thanks for SDK.

Battle of Berlin, CC4 Vetbob are tough as well....

For CC5, the toughest remains the CC5 TT's Vetmod. Not well known, unfortunately... and not exempt of the stock CC5 game weaknesses in terms of sounds and graphics. But a terrible AI!

PJ

#6: Re: Hardest single-player mod? Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:32 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
gravyface wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for SDK.

Battle of Berlin, CC4 Vetbob are tough as well....

For CC5, the toughest remains the CC5 TT's Vetmod. Not well known, unfortunately... and not exempt of the stock CC5 game weaknesses in terms of sounds and graphics. But a terrible AI!

PJ

Quite right, but i really enjoyed playing Der Kessel, and the fact that you can blow up russian armor with light AT guns from close range (almost always) is exciting. All that waiting and sneaking is welcome... Also, i did lose quite a few snipers without taking out too much russian infantry. Yes, you should be very cautious not to uncover yourself too easy..

Great game...

#7:  Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 pm
    —
What about the Winter War mod? I dont find it that easy, even on the Russian side, where your numerous infantry seem to miss most of the time, while the Finns kill them at an alarming rate. Add mostly light armour that you must use cautiously to avoid AT guns and infantry with grenades - no King Tigers here that can destroy everything at all distances, only T-26s and BTs that are really efficient but fragile too... And the Finns have their chances too... (I mostly play the attacking side when playing to CC).

It is the same with Khalkhin-Gol, which is even harder, especially on the released version where you can't cut enemy BGs from supplies with your fast armored or motorized BGs like in Winter War.

#8:  Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:04 am
    —
It is the same with Khalkhin-Gol, which is even harder

Smile

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1