Fighting Tactics in DDay Utah Sector
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Fighting Tactics in DDay Utah Sector Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:55 pm
    —
This thread is for any players who want to discuss fighting tactics in DDay Utah Sector.
As the gameplay takes some adjusting to.
There r no silly questions,thou i may have a few silly answers Rolling Eyes .
It may be a case of u feel u r being killed too easy,too hard.
Dont understand the cover,it goes on,even charging into houses.
If it is about a certain area on a map.
A hard deploy it dont matter.
those that know me know they will get an honest answer.

#2:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:22 am
    —
Observations:
- I've noticed that troops tend to die a lot quicker than we're normally used to.

- Troops seem to run faster as well.

Question regarding cover - I hid troops in hedges and it all showed cover with black outline. At first I thought I set it wrong but then I moved a unit under a tank and got green cover. So what's the deal here and how does it affect gameplay and what my opponent can see?

Edit:
I fought a battle in Auville Sur le Vey and struggled to get a Sherman to cross the bridge. Placing a move command made each tank turn around and move northeast around the bunker. i finally got one tank to the middle of the bridge by giving it short commands of 5-10 meters at a time. But time ran out before I could get it across.

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:30 am
    —
Quote:
Question regarding cover - I hid troops in hedges and it all showed cover with black outline. At first I thought I set it wrong but then I moved a unit under a tank and got green cover. So what's the deal here and how does it affect gameplay and what my opponent can see?

Try hiding the troops behind the hedges,instead of on top of them.
This gives them natural cover.
Of course there are times u need to be on top of them for elevation purposes in scouting and ambushing.
Always sneak into position and ambush to avoid detection.
If you move fast over hedge u will be even more exposed.
With large hedgerows they have small hedgerows on their outer.
so if u in middle u r on highest part.
and more other positions maybe able to shoot at you.
if ur going to expose a team make sure u have at least 3 covering it.

Quote:
Troops seem to run faster as well.
I've noticed that troops tend to die a lot quicker than we're normally used to.

Hehe depends who im playing,when u get use to cover u make less mistakes.And the troops r quickly winded under any sustained running.

Yer bridge at auville i coded so as not to make quick crossing,or map maybe too simple to storm in 1 go,Tip try using a stuart.

#4:  Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:18 pm
    —
How easy is it to take out AT guns, And is it easyer to take out men with AP guns?

This is by far one of the most realistic game play mods.

#5:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:48 pm
    —
I faced a 5cm ATG that was holed up in a bunker. I sent a Greyhound down the road to recon and it got hit by the ATG. But it took the ATG 5 rounds to knock out the Greyhound. I then brought up a sherman and it killed the ATG is 1-2 shots even with it in the bunker.

I also came across a 7.5cm ATG that had a MG within the unit that chewed up my infantry. I attacked it with Infantry from opposing sides and knocked it out.

A third ATG was knocked out by a Ship Based barrage.

I really like the new maps and am enjoying exploring this mod.

#6:  Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 pm
    —
Attacking/Deffending towns and houses is so more realistic.
Gameplay wise this is the most realistic mod so far.

#7: Tactics for entering buildings. Author: comradeone PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 pm
    —
What are the best ones?

#8: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:59 am
    —
pound them to oblivion first always works best for me.
any tank or AA type weapons seem to do well.
even inf to a window then lob an explosive in with indirect fire.

#9: Some feed back Author: ChymLocation: France PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:41 am
    —
Hi Lord4war,

Played a few days as german of this campaign in H2H yet, very entertaining so far, but just a few little remarks.

- yes troops are deing very fast, too fast I find, like a full panzergrenadier squad in middle of a big hedge being mauled down in 2 sec by one us squad firing on it.

- I had a B1bis being shot by a sherman THROUGH a big house lol . Sherman was like 100m away and B1 running 20m behind the house. Then boom, the shell went just through that house.

- Are the Panzerschrecks working as intended? Hit 26 times, yes I count every hit :p, various differents US and germans tanks. All in all, managed to burn a Pz3, and immobilize 3 others tanks, no more Sad A captured Pz4 hit FOUR times in a raw at less than 100m was only left immob.... A Sherman105mm hit 3 times at 120m, not even scratching it...Something is obviously wrong here. One of the best german AT is just become useless, not counting the long, long, geez he's gone for a pee or what, long reloading time.

- Mortar barrage : too strong : whatever the protection of your troops ( hedge, house, bunkers) , a salvo on/around your squad just kills the whole team.

Otherwise, very nice campaign, fun new units, top maps, we really enjoying it Smile
Chym

#10: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:02 am
    —
- yes troops are deing very fast, too fast I find, like a full panzergrenadier squad in middle of a big hedge being mauled down in 2 sec by one us squad firing on it.
yer try and steer clear from middle of hedges they r not safe place.

- I had a B1bis being shot by a sherman THROUGH a big house lol . Sherman was like 100m away and B1 running 20m behind the house. Then boom, the shell went just through that house.

yer tanks and arm cars can fire thruogh buildings where the los allows,ie,windows to windows,door to windows,windows to door.and walls can also be destroyed as well opening more los,its a shitter when u lose a tank because of it,but sometimes u will get a tank too.

- Are the Panzerschrecks working as intended? Hit 26 times, yes I count every hit :p, various differents US and germans tanks. All in all, managed to burn a Pz3, and immobilize 3 others tanks, no more Sad A captured Pz4 hit FOUR times in a raw at less than 100m was only left immob.... A Sherman105mm hit 3 times at 120m, not even scratching it...Something is obviously wrong here. One of the best german AT is just become useless, not counting the long, long, geez he's gone for a pee or what, long reloading time.

id recommend against taking panzershrek shots at distances of a 100m,try 50m for more regular success.

- Mortar barrage : too strong : whatever the protection of your troops ( hedge, house, bunkers) , a salvo on/around your squad just kills the whole team.

Smile yes i often curse it myself.teaches u not to bunch ur men.

Otherwise, very nice campaign, fun new units, top maps, we really enjoying it Smile
Chym
Glad,working on some extra vehicles,units and some new map elements as well.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1